• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What do you think of the new blue signs being installed on 30-A?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Somewhat like them

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Neither like nor dislike them

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Somewhat dislike them

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • They're horrid!

Votes: 210 70.5%

• Total voters

Redd

Beach Fanatic
May 7, 2007
We have not thrown anything out the window. The TDC has thrown this money out the window. They will say that they held meetings and workshops prior to the signs that no one showed up for and therefore is our fault. However, they made the decision with little to no public input and then act shocked that the public might get a little mad at these ugly monsters.

No dawg here.

Video of the TDC meeting in full is here if not seen already
http://www.sowaltv.com/play.php?vid=93

interview
http://www.sowaltv.com/play.php?vid=89

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
"Off-Toopic"

Andy A.

My use of the "Mission Accomplished" analyis was not clearly explained. I am very aware of the exact meaning of the Banner, who requested it, who place it on the ship and how many uninformed use it as a battle cry for an end to our involvement there and to try and embarass our Commander-In-Chief for political gain.

I should have continued to state that many simply read the headines and form their opinion on a subject from the headline.

Many posts concerning the "Blue Signs Are Coming Down" after the TDC meeting would cause some to believe that victory was complete that the job was done. It is not ! This issue must now be approved by the Board of County Commissioners.

I served two tours in a "police action" in a far away county. I can assure you that I support our military and our "Commander in Chief" 100%.

I will explain my use of "current events" more caefully.
Admittedly "Off topic" again. Puppetmaster, I was not refering to your post per se, only the misunderstanding of the banner in general. Thanks for your succinct clarification. I, too, spent two tours in a combat situation, but IMO, it was a "war" not a police action. When over 58,000 are lost it is more than a "police action". Neverthelessl, thank you for your service. NOW BACK TO THE SIGNS. I notice they are still up, EVERYWHERE!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
NOW BACK TO THE SIGNS. I notice they are still up, EVERYWHERE!!

:roll:...hold your horses...I just arrived in town and only own one screwdriver. These things take time. :wave:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
:roll:...hold your horses...I just arrived in town and only own one screwdriver. These things take time. :wave:
WELCOME BACK!!! And if you'll tell me where you're going to start, I'll bring my only screwdriver!:lolabove:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I was just in a business on 30-A, and another customer started ranting about how so much time and money had been spent on these signs, and how a few "whiners" wanted them to come down. :bang: Then I was told by an employee that they have to give out directions to tourists so many times a day, and what a hassle that is for them, so they loved the signs.

Hello- we live in a tourist town! People are going to ask for directions and everything else, and the presence of signs is not going to help. The businesses that complain about tourists asking directions should be thankful that warm bodies walk through their doors, and a pleasant attitude might get them a new customer and good word of mouth advertising.

I almost said something to the big jerk, but he was much bigger than me (although pretty old) and pretty scary looking. I did tell the employees that I personally loved the signs, and when the new signs go up, they will look great, but don't count on any signs to lessen the number of people that will come in and ask for directions.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I agree......they'd get lost on gps auto pilot. Signs aren't going to help them get around....and when they do ask for directions...be very friendly and helpful...they DO remember and will come back. Hopefully they will know where they are going at this point.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
We could tattoo a map of Sowal on some people and they would still be lost and asking directions.

Ask anyone in a tourism related industry and they can tell you some hilarious stories about folks not seeing the forest for the trees. :roll:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Some all time favorites from Redd:

Does the water go all the way around the island?

Does the sun set every night?

If it's cloudy does the sun still set?