• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
yep, I also like Rage, Audioslave, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Cult .... can't wait to be close to a big city so I can go see some good shows.

Have you ever listened to The the?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_The

:clap: All good choices. I love Rage - and Chris Cornell (Audioslave/Soundgarden) has some of the best pipes in the bussiness.

I have heard the name The The but not sure that I have actually heard their songs. I'll check 'em out. :wave:

Now, I'm not a young person here, but I happen to really like NIN and I listen to them a lot when I'm working from home on my computer. I'm also a fairly big Radiohead fan with Creep being one of my favorite songs. (and no, these are not from listening to my son's music. :lol:)

:lol:

The crunchy riff is so great in Creep - such the right song at the right moment. I :love: it too. I have heard the Pretender's do a live version (via Pandora radio) that is pretty powerful too. I'm normally not into covers too much but I really like that one.

But I feel that I must post a more recent picture of the short man himself. And dont worry about not being young johnrudy...neither is Trent :funn:
trent.jpg

(or me)

I miss his hair.. :sosad:

at one time didn't thier lead singer live in the Garden District, for some reason I remember seeing the house while on our tour. :dunno:

:clap: He did, he did.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
The crunchy riff is so great in Creep - such the right song at the right moment. I :love: it too. I have heard the Pretender's do a live version (via Pandora radio) that is pretty powerful too. I'm normally not into covers too much but I really like that one.

I read last week where Prince covered Creep at Coachella. Critics said it was amazing. I'm just curious if it was that good or not. I even like Marty Casey's version. :lol:

kloli

Beach Lover
May 8, 2006
SoWal Local
at one time didn't thier lead singer live in the Garden District, for some reason I remember seeing the house while on our tour. :dunno:

Yes, I think he did live in the Garden District. I met Trent at The Blue Crystal in NO after they finished up their show back in 1990. They opened up for Peter Murphy at Tipitina's....WOW. He was super friendly!!! I was so young....:roll:

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Yes, I think he did live in the Garden District. I met Trent at The Blue Crystal in NO after they finished up their show back in 1990. They opened up for Peter Murphy at Tipitina's....WOW. He was super friendly!!! I was so young....:roll:
blue crystal, :shock: have not thought of that place in a while...

:welcome:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Thats wild......the last time I saw NiN live, (B'ham 6/6/06) Peter Murphy and Bauhaus opened for TR. Peter Murphy was just awesome for the show and I know where to find rare (?) footage of them jamming together. PM me if your interested.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
wow, Peter Murphy. Saw him in '85? in some bar in NYC with a girlfriend who knew Bauhaus. I had no clue, still don't, but I can say I saw PM way back when.

Now, NIN. My only interaction with them was upon coming back from a cruise to find one of my speakers had literally caught on fire while I was gone. Asked my roommate what the hell had happened and was told they were playing NIN... Instant wall went up for me in regards to NIN. Skip to today, over on the tapers forum I read about Ghost I-IV. New, ambient, out of the box business model, FLAC offering, $5, etc. Figured I'd check it out. Listened to GI for free, and am DL the FLAC's currently. Gotta give it up to any artist that makes such a cool offer to the masses and the finger to the industry at the same time.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If your trackers are not active anymore you can always go to PirateBay....TR always loads his stuff up there. When all the servers crashed during the release of Ghosts, he got tired of people B****ing so he just put it all up there so people that use torrents could go ahead and get it.