• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Here is a round up of 4th of July activities I posted about. Hope it helps!

DAY TIME

* 8am - Grayton Beach community parade down DeFuniak Street. The parade starts at the Red Bar and ends right before Grayton General on the corner of 30A.
* 8:45am - Rosemary Beach Bike Parade starting in North Barrett Square and end on the Western Green. The Emerald Coast Pipes and Drums will again lead this year's parade
* 8am - Seaside Parade down 30A. The parade starts in Seagrove and ends in Seaside.
* 9-11am - Family Field Day at Rosemary Beach on the Western Green. Sack races, three-legged races, hula-hoop contests, a water balloon toss, music, moonwalk and much more.

NIGHT TIME ACTIVITIES AND FIREWORKS

* 5-10pm - Red, White & Baytowne Celebration and Fireworks at Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin - Village Events Plaza.
* 8:45pm - Fireworks at Rosemary Beach. Sit on Western Green, Eastern Green or get a front row seat on the beach. Concert on the Green before the fireworks from 630-830p featuring Sticks and Stones.
* 7:30pm - Fireworks at Seaside. Concert in the amphitheater from 7:30pm until dusk when there will be a fireworks show. Sit on the beach for front row seats.
* Dusk at Grayton Beach behind the Red Bar. A local's tradition. Light your own fireworks or watch others light fireworks. Not the best choice if you have small children or are elderly and have never been. It's not necessarily dangerous but not particularly safe either.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I am starting to get the sense that my decision to leave town for the 4th of July the last 5 years was a very good idea! :blink:

The fire extinguisher is coming out from under the sink!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I am starting to get the sense that my decision to leave town for the 4th of July the last 5 years was a very good idea! :blink:

The fire extinguisher is coming out from under the sink!

yep. brilliant idea. i keep saying I'm going to leave town over the fourth but I don't want to be anywhere traveling on the road or by plane during any holiday. low key is key.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Where's the fireworks?

The price of gas being prohibitive, particularly for a boat, does anyone know where local fireworks will be held? We usually go to Panama City via boat, but about $400 for gas causes second thoughts. Driving into Destin isn't so bad, but getting out of Destin, is a nightmare!

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2006
would someone please tell me........fireworks

we are in seagrove (near one seagrove place), would someone please tell us where the best and closest spot to go watch fireworks will be tomorrow night.

Everything I have read is running together--keep in mind when you tell me I am a tourist and I am not familiar with the area.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Just go out on the beach. You will see fireworks in every direction. If you really want to be close and see the best fireworks, I would say Rosemary Beach.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Anywhere you can have a good view of the beach, Panama City Beach, Destin and the local area. In other words, as the previous poster said, every direction. We sit on our walkover and can always see them any direction we look up and down the beach. Enjoy!