• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Yeah, it's sad (in a good way) when you can go into Publix and sing just about any song they have playing. I sing, the kids dance through the aisles. They love oldies.

Geez, I can't believe I'm calling the music I listen to oldies. It cracks me up to think of Talking Heads, Depeche Mode and The Cure as oldies but goodies. Or what we are going to look like when we're a few decades older and trying to dance to that like we used to.:rotfl:

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Does anyone know if this one will have a pharmacy?

I'm personally excited. I do think that Freeport needs one more urgently than we do, but they are the marketing experts.

btw, I :love: the music they play at the Watercolor Publix. Just right for a retro 70's / 80's 40-something frequent shopper!
Please! Freeport needs a decent grocery store of any kind. We have been hearing the Publix rumor for years. Winn Dixie, Bruno's, Piggly Wiggly-- I am not that picky about the name as long as the produce is not rotten and the freezers work.

mot

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Local stores have no choice in the music played. It is piped in from the home office and if you worked there you would get tired of the same stuff everyday.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Local stores have no choice in the music played. It is piped in from the home office and if you worked there you would get tired of the same stuff everyday.

I'll let the crazy people that are my offspring come and dance for you, while I belt out songs in my off-key, tone deaf voice. And right now, I'm hoarse, so it's even better. That'll get you laughing.:wave:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Article in today's paper.

Publix breaks ground

South Walton to get third location

By THOMAS J. MONIGAN and WENDY VICTORA
Daily News Staff Writers

SANTA ROSA BEACH ? A new Publix is under construction in South Walton County, with crews working to clear a 10-acre parcel on the north side of U.S. Highway 98.
The new location will bring the number of Publix stores in South Walton to three, including the one at Grand Boulevard and the one at WaterColor.
?They have apparently done their numbers,? said Jason Bryant, senior planner with Walton County. ?They feel safe about putting this in. They?re kind of planning for the future.?
Bryant said the plans call for 56,000 square feet of commercial space, with two outparcels.
The target date for the store opening is August. It will be located about 3/4 of a mile east of State Road 393.
?They?re putting full press on because they?re really working on it,? Bryant said.
Dawn Moliterno, executive director for the Walton Area Chamber of Commerce, said she was enthused.
?We do know Publix is very astute about where they put their locations,? she said. ?And even in light of a challenged economy, they decided to proceed with this one.?
She said new businesses create jobs. The Publix that just opened in Fort Walton Beach in a former Albertsons location has about 120 employees.
?In a time when everybody?s stepping back to examine their plans, it?s good to see they?re pushing dirt and going ahead,? Moliterno said.
Sonny Mares with the Beaches of South Walton agreed.
?We have more condominiums and cottages than hotel rooms in Walton County,? Mares said. ?And this time of year we have a lot of snowbirds. For them cooking is very important.
?Even in the high season ? people are not always going out to g

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington

Not always! I asked the Customer Service Manager at WC Publix about it, and she said that the store manager can program the music in each store. She said that at this particular store, the manager was not that interested and so assigned the duty to the assistant manager.

So, I made a point of stopping him one day and telling him how much I enjoy the music!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
And if anyone gets tired of the music, I can bring over some of that screeching, pig-squealing, f-bomb in every lyric, all-about-death alternative crap my kid keeps exposing me to. :whack:

Come to think of it, the bagboys would probably like that.