• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Ok, I'm in dire need of a new payroll software program, does anyone have any suggestions?

Please, don't suggest Quickbooks, I've completely had it with Quickbooks~don't ask, but we have been on the phone with them for over two hours!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
sorry, but QB is all I have ever known or used and have never had a problem. but, I would be interested in hearing of any other solutions. with QB, you have to pay for every dang add on service but its nice to have. what are the alternatives? anyone?

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
sorry, but QB is all I have ever known or used and have never had a problem. but, I would be interested in hearing of any other solutions. with QB, you have to pay for every dang add on service but its nice to have. what are the alternatives? anyone?

We have been using them for years so we are used to the updates, today we went to do another update.....over 2 hours and 7 technicians later still could not resolve the problem, worse part was their attitude. We pay them a lot of money to be rude to us? :dunno:

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Ok, I'm in dire need of a new payroll software program, does anyone have any suggestions?

Please, don't suggest Quickbooks, I've completely had it with Quickbooks~don't ask, but we have been on the phone with them for over two hours!

We use paychex
Worth every penny
They do the filing, send 1099 and w2 the works
cost is about $250 a quarter with some small monthlys in there
Time saved = thousands

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We use paychex
Worth every penny
They do the filing, send 1099 and w2 the works
cost is about $250 a quarter with some small monthlys in there
Time saved = thousands

That's debatable, they read my 1 as a 7 on the old W9 so now I get to pay additional taxes as opposed to getting a refund. :bang:

Sailnmike

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2009
Walton Co.
It's Very Important when using QB you get it set up right at first, down the road, It will ruin you if you don't.
Get a local QB accountant to set it up then you can go with out any problems.

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
It's Very Important when using QB you get it set up right at first, down the road, It will ruin you if you don't. Get a local QB accountant to set it up then you can go with out any problems.

I'd recommend Easybooks, 850-897-5575. They are local, certified Quickbooks Proadvisers, and have done some awesome Quickbooks work for Fired Up.

Doug, Leslie, Daniela and their team been there for us from the time we first bought Fired Up 3 years ago, and worth every penny to date.

dfearnow

Beach Crab
Mar 6, 2009
Payroll Solution

I work for a company out of Tampa called Mangrove Employer Services and we do payroll for companies. We differentiate ourselves from companies like Quickbooks and ADP because we truly care about our customers and don't have them wait on hold for 2 hours. If you outsource payroll, you don't have to worry about all of the updates to the system which can be a real challenge. If you would ever like to discuss our services, give me a call. My direct number is 813-387-3125