• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am the only one that thinks Miss Kitty's been banned whenever this thread pops up?

:rotfl:...you have been on a roll lately!

BR...keep us posted on this cat visitor. And, please tell me you will not be paying to have BJ's furniture and linens replaced. She needs to live with it. :wave:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I do look forward to the FFF cat getting out of the kitten stage. He still likes to play the Venus flytrap game, where he rolls over on his back, exposing his tummy (which has recently become enormous.) You can't help but rub a giant kitty tummy. But then he clamps down with all five of his sharp ends--chomp. It's very cute, but it's also difficult to escape unscathed. :lol:

A friend on another board describes that as the Venus hand trap. For some cats, showing the belly target is always going to be a sign that they want to play, and the bestest thing ever for them then is a stuffed animal they can pounce on and bunny kick to their heart's content.

As for cats, you can't train them like dogs because they see the rules as subjective and within specific contexts when the dogs view rules as absolute. But you can set it up to significantly reduce and discourage undesirable behavior. Junior cat hates the sound of an electric toothbrush, so when we were trying to get him to Stop That! we'd turn it on any time we'd see the undesirable behavior and it generally works.

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
Since the cat in question is a known violator of $ furnishings (and I blame the owner BTW, as I do w/ all poorly behaved pets and children), I don't think BR is being unreasonable to want to protect her house from its new tenant.

Do they really cut its toes off when they declaw it? :blink:

Lets declaw you then sweetness.
Pets are OUR RESPONSIBILITY if we cant handle the responsibility then we dont need them.

Bring me the cat Ill give it a loving pain free home

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
A friend on another board describes that as the Venus hand trap. For some cats, showing the belly target is always going to be a sign that they want to play, and the bestest thing ever for them then is a stuffed animal they can pounce on and bunny kick to their heart's content.

They do that to each other. Very entertaining to watch two cats bunny kick each other in the head simultaneously...:lol:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
They do that to each other. Very entertaining to watch two cats bunny kick each other in the head simultaneously...:lol:

Cowboy tries to do this to Sweet Pea, course her head is the size of the cat - what is he thinkin??? :blink:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I've thought about the declawing issue for years. I'm always getting scratched, hissed at, my leg's getting sprayed so she can make sure that everyone knows that I'm "her" territory. Finally I had enough and went to the Vet.
He told me my wife wasn't nearly as bad as I have described...

:funn: