• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Thanks Alan. They look like a deer in headlights. I am puzzled with all the information you have why they are not helping you. This is a community problem. Am I mssing something here? :dunno:

...I reckon is was because he handed them white paper on which was printed facts and information instead of green paper printed with the faces of dead presidents...how does he expect them to work with that??

Last edited:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
So I am curious; what is the proper channel when your local commission stonewalls you? I know that a group sued over the NatureWalk Beach Club issue (and won) when the BCC illegally set aside the "zoning" for that parcel (I know it is not true zoning, I don't know what else to call it). That seems expensive.

I can't understand why NO ONE is looking into what happened to the money for that school land.

dgsevier

Beach Fanatic
So I am curious; what is the proper channel when your local commission stonewalls you?

If your elected official does not live up to your standard of care and duty the usual and customary method of dealing with it is found via the ballot box during the next election cycle.

If you are seeking quicker relief because you believe that the person has done something illegal related to the office or has significantly broken the tenets of the office then relief can be sought through the courts (usually the local Chancery Court). In other words, you have to sue them...yuck!:sick:

You may wish to consult Florida statues to see the powers and duties (and the limits of these) of your locally elected officials before taking next steps.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
So I am curious; what is the proper channel when your local commission stonewalls you? I know that a group sued over the NatureWalk Beach Club issue (and won) when the BCC illegally set aside the "zoning" for that parcel (I know it is not true zoning, I don't know what else to call it). That seems expensive.

I can't understand why NO ONE is looking into what happened to the money for that school land.

If I remember correctly Alan brought a law suit up. It looks like the folks do not want to go down that path but if no help comes they may have to. Which will mean the tax payer gets stuck again. I just do not get why they don't help out. Shelly may be right.

I like what Paul Sirman said as well. I think I will break it down in laymens terms: Hi. Thank you for looking into this. We really appreciate all your help. If you don't, you will be seeing and hearing a lot more of me. So, lets all help each other out and fix the problems. It was nice to meet you all. :D

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Don't want the taxpayers to foot the bill

I already sued for compliance and no money. They lied to the court to get out of it. They won't be able to get out of this one. The developer has errors and omissions insurance and the county doesn't want to talk about it. If they don't the taxpayers will foot the bill and thats wrong!
I think the planning department gave false testimony in a quasijudicial hearing and if the county tries to collect on the insurance, they will be countersued. I wanted people to see the video and know the kind of mess county govt is in. Zero accountability, Lack of integrity IMHO.

Last edited:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

yucarenow

Beach Comber
Jun 25, 2007
Wow, you're still dealing with this with the BCC, Allen?

Props to you and your neighbors for keeping up the fight. Best of luck.

-Sean