The 5 million dollar lie

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Alan Osborne, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Alan Osborne

Alan Osborne Beach Lover

2. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

Thanks Alan. They look like a deer in headlights. I am puzzled with all the information you have why they are not helping you. This is a community problem. Am I mssing something here? :dunno:

3. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

...I reckon is was because he handed them white paper on which was printed facts and information instead of green paper printed with the faces of dead presidents...how does he expect them to work with that??

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. Here4Good

Here4Good Beach Fanatic

So I am curious; what is the proper channel when your local commission stonewalls you? I know that a group sued over the NatureWalk Beach Club issue (and won) when the BCC illegally set aside the "zoning" for that parcel (I know it is not true zoning, I don't know what else to call it). That seems expensive.

I can't understand why NO ONE is looking into what happened to the money for that school land.

5. dgsevier

dgsevier Beach Fanatic

If your elected official does not live up to your standard of care and duty the usual and customary method of dealing with it is found via the ballot box during the next election cycle.

If you are seeking quicker relief because you believe that the person has done something illegal related to the office or has significantly broken the tenets of the office then relief can be sought through the courts (usually the local Chancery Court). In other words, you have to sue them...yuck!:sick:

You may wish to consult Florida statues to see the powers and duties (and the limits of these) of your locally elected officials before taking next steps.

6. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

If I remember correctly Alan brought a law suit up. It looks like the folks do not want to go down that path but if no help comes they may have to. Which will mean the tax payer gets stuck again. I just do not get why they don't help out. Shelly may be right.

I like what Paul Sirman said as well. I think I will break it down in laymens terms: Hi. Thank you for looking into this. We really appreciate all your help. If you don't, you will be seeing and hearing a lot more of me. So, lets all help each other out and fix the problems. It was nice to meet you all. :D

7. Alan Osborne

Alan Osborne Beach Lover

Don't want the taxpayers to foot the bill

I already sued for compliance and no money. They lied to the court to get out of it. They won't be able to get out of this one. The developer has errors and omissions insurance and the county doesn't want to talk about it. If they don't the taxpayers will foot the bill and thats wrong!
    I think the planning department gave false testimony in a quasijudicial hearing and if the county tries to collect on the insurance, they will be countersued. I wanted people to see the video and know the kind of mess county govt is in. Zero accountability, Lack of integrity IMHO.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  8. wrobert

wrobert Beach Fanatic

9. Alan Osborne

Alan Osborne Beach Lover

Robert,
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

10. yucarenow

yucarenow Beach Comber

Wow, you're still dealing with this with the BCC, Allen?

Props to you and your neighbors for keeping up the fight. Best of luck.

-Sean

11. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

Alan O,

All neighborhoods should have people like you! The video was eye-opening. Thanks for posting and I assume if we keep up with the Democracy Party of Walton website we can continue to be in the loop on what is taking place at these meetings.

Thank you,
    R

12. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Have you forwarded any of this to the media (newspaper & TV)? If so, who, and what was the response? Looks like you've just about gone a far as you can through "normal" channels. The newspapers out in FWB are having a field day with the Sheriff and the Tax Collector doing a money-grab...maybe they would like something else to chew on during lulls in the action.

13. 30ashopper

30ashopper SoWal Insider

Blech, quicktime. I'd really like to see this but won't install that software on my computer. Do you have any other formats Alan? Maybe send it to youtube and post back?

14. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

News flash Alan, the five of them combined couldn't find their collective asses with both hands. Sue em.

15. Alan Osborne

Alan Osborne Beach Lover

It saddens me!

I am truly saddened by the people who have stood before the BCC and told lies with no remorse. Both Defuniac Herald and NWFL daily news have refused to run this. the Walton sun has covered it about 20 times.(Thanks Gwen) It seems like with the lack of school money and the fact that the county has spent over a million in helping the developers, people would be mad, but few come forward at the BCC meetings.

This is a story of greed and how a developer turned a designated lakes and open area in a development of 463 additional homes. Making a gross income of about 186 million out of thin air with manipulation of the rules and govt authority. It's that plain and simple, and thats why the BCC looks like dear in the headlights. Nobody has the guts to do the right thing. I won't quit until justice prevails, I don't know how. It's that simple for me.:wave:

16. dgsevier

dgsevier Beach Fanatic

I smell a new Carl Hiaasen novel.