• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Alan, I am sure it was Kurt who changed the title to reflect what is said in the headline of the story. I am also certain that he did it to be less vague. Since it is your thread, feel free to PM Kurt and suggest how you might like the title to be tweaked.

I do have a question for you, after reading the story. What does Freeport Group LLC actually do? Does it develop in Driftwood? Or does Brannon have a separate business relationship with Jones? It does seem obvious that assisting Jones' bottom line might have a positive impact on Brannon's business dealings with him, but it is hard to make that assessment without knowing what their business relationship actually is.

I don't think it's a good idea to "conduct a trial by Sowal.com," but any additional objective, public information is welcome. I agree that it should be done through the proper channels.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
They did come back after a break. In fairness to the BCC, it is not unusual for them to break during their sessions and since this was a rather contentious meeting, the Chairman, Sara Comander, obviously felt a break was in order. Some of you who don't attend the meetings need to chill out a little.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thread titles are often changed to reflect the content. The idea is to help the reader know what's inside. Yesterday your title was relevant ("check out the news tonight"), although vague. Today it would be unintentionally misleading, since we don't want anyone to think they need to check the news tonight for your issue.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Out of curiosity, did I correctly hear that Commissioner Larry Jones was once employed by a major builder in Driftwood Estates, Adams Homes?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Is anyone really surprised by this ethics issue with Brannon? :roll:
No, when I saw the thread title I just wondered if it was more of the same (election issues, financial disclosure statement issues) or if he was getting called out for something new. :roll:

Alan Osborne

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2008
Thanks kurt

Thread titles are often changed to reflect the content. The idea is to help the reader know what's inside. Yesterday your title was relevant ("check out the news tonight"), although vague. Today it would be unintentionally misleading, since we don't want anyone to think they need to check the news tonight for your issue.

thanks Kurt, I just wanted to know.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
The most amazing thing about all of this is that Brannon is not smart enough to know that while you are a sitting commissioner, you take cash under the table. You don't become a partner until you leave office.