• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap:...that was a funn trip, Mike!

I think you are one of the best ambassadors for the area! Please keep sharing your walks with us!

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Mike, your videos are both entertaining and inspiring! Even though I have very little "free time" I'm feeling challenged to get out more and enjoy this special slice of paradise known as SoWal. My occasional "walks" somehow don't measure up to the "adventures" you take us on every week.:clap:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
Mike, your videos are both entertaining and inspiring! Even though I have very little "free time" I'm feeling challenged to get out more and enjoy this special slice of paradise known as SoWal. My occasional "walks" somehow don't measure up to the "adventures" you take us on every week.:clap:
The kind adulation feels so good to me, I can't tell you. As a boy, I dreamed of after school walks in the woods. Or in class, I drew maps of my favorite fishing hole at my great grandparents home far away, on the border of Louisiana and Texas along the Sabine River.

I daydreamed. And it is like a dream to go out into Nature and experience her in such splendid ways. You know, I cover a lot of ground. And I see salient features that stop me in my tracks. The other day I was just off 30-A, actually in one of the communities there. I was headed back toward the woods and from a stand of trees, a beautiful deer popped up right next to me. It was gorgeous. I don't get everything on film, unfortunately.

But there were people on their rear balcony and I wondered if they had any clue the deer had been there. So much of nature is so close. In fact, as I am writing this, I see a skink, with a pretty blue tail, walking by my refrigerator. I honestly don't like that, even though I am a nature lover. But I don't want to trap it or kill it. I've had them in here before and finally managed to get it out by bringing some furniture outside that it hid in.

Anyway, thanks so much for your kind words. So many of you are making me feel uplifted. One thing about my journeys, I don't run into many people on my quests. Today, I met a nice person who I met here on sowal who gave me tickets to an LSU event. I also visited a friend who owns a store here and we had a nice conversation.

But since moving here a year ago I've not quite established a strong network or feeling of community. Partly because I do things in nature where, quite simply, I don't run into anyone. And partly, because I don't have a job where I'd run into a lot of people.

My point is, it's nice to receive adulation and have comments sent my way about my videos. It gives me a sense of community and involvement. I think that the Internet and sites like sowal provide an avenue for that sort of expression, that in the past, was not available. I am grateful.

If anyone out there has some interesting things they think I might be interetsed in, regarding exploration or excurions, feel free to enlighten me. Maybe I'll make a video of your suggestion.

The title to my next video is, 'Girls in Bikinis'. :D Just teasin' But that would be fun. Seriously though, I hope to take my kiddies further east to some terrific springs and if I pull that off (finances matter) I'll be sure to video it for you guys.

Peace

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
you should drive over to the st. joe bay and explore. especially during scalloping season, your kids would probably enjoy that. not sure when the season may be. there is a bp station(scallop cove i think) right when you get onto cape san blas and a fishing store right next door, they can tell you what you need to know i'm sure or try bluewater outriggers too (behind mcdonald's in the piggly wiggly shopping center). there are a couple of options.

Last edited:

mikecat adjuster

Beach Fanatic
Oct 18, 2007
Seagrove.
www.myspaceherspace.com
you should drive over to the st. joe bay and explore. especially during scalloping season, your kids would probably enjoy that. not sure when the season may be. there is a bp station(scallop cove i think) right when you get onto cape san blas and a fishing store right next door, they can tell you what you need to know i'm sure or try bluewater outriggers too (behind mcdonald's in the piggly wiggly shopping center). there are a couple of options.

Years ago I had someone suggest that I go try scalloping. I'd like to do more St. Joe bay, the state park there and St. Vincnet Island stuff in the spring. Although if scalloping, I guess it would be fine in the hot sun, having the water for relief.

Thanks for the suggestion.