• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Darn those cellphones with video capability. They can catch people in the most embarassing acts.

Too bad nobody that witnessed the hit and run at Publix had one, or people who think they know law enforcement's job better than law enforcement does wouldn't be needing to stretch facts to make comparisons. Sometimes useful facts are real handy.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
...and I'm disturbed by the attitudes of the people who think leaving junk all over the beach is OK--so I guess it's a wash.

There is no one participating in this thread, that has even come close to stating they approve of leaving junk all over the beach.

However I think we can say that some, appeared to support the breaking of the law to make a point.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
...and I'm disturbed by the attitudes of the people who think leaving junk all over the beach is OK--so I guess it's a wash.

Understood. But you should understand that there are people who agree with you on that but also have the maturity and wisdom to denounce this kind of behavior.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
:D this is getting good.

:popcorn:

just think this wouldn't have even happened if these people would have just picked their things up and taken them with them. all of this over something so damn simple (by picking it up) but yet so damn hard (for people that don't give a sh!t). blows my mind.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
There is no one participating in this thread, that has even come close to stating they approve of leaving junk all over the beach.

However I think we can say that some, appeared to support the breaking of the law to make a point.

Which law am I advocating breaking? IMO all this lady did is ENFORCE our local ordinance - I believe it is #2003-7B - that any items left on the beach will be confiscated!!!

Or perhaps as a turtle watch volunteer she was more focused on the Endangered Species Act?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com

I read about a study the other day talking about no matter how you raise your kid, they are going to follow the parent's actions more than anything else. Children are our future, and look what you guys have gone and done to them. Now I am going to have to pay for even more prisons.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
As a Turtle Watch volunteer she has totally embarassed the organization, IMO. I once upon a time respected the dedication of the TW volunteers, but the actions of the individual, if true as reported, cast a new light on the organization if they condone such actions.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Which law am I advocating breaking? IMO all this lady did is ENFORCE our local ordinance - I believe it is #2003-7B - that any items left on the beach will be confiscated!!!

Or perhaps as a turtle watch volunteer she was more focused on the Endangered Species Act?

The lady has no authority to enforce that ordinance. Now I am going back to watching Death Wish.

BTW, Turtle Watch gets $80K a year in tax dollars to do that turtle monitoring thing.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
As a Turtle Watch volunteer she has totally embarassed the organization, IMO. I once upon a time respected the dedication of the TW volunteers, but the actions of the individual, if true as reported, cast a new light on the organization if they condone such actions.

Environmental terrorist should be sent straight to Gitmo. Or that other place where we give them $200 million to go. Maybe she is on to something.