• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Contrary to all of the other posters, our rentals are off big time

I figured it was only the "successful rental owners" who were responding....I know there are many others who are missing the mark.

Well, a week ago I would have said it has been a bad rental year. But I have been inundated with VRBO requests in the past week. That being said, May was bad. Dunno why.

June filled up really fast. July and August were slow, but are okay now. September usually books a little later.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
This year people seem to be looking to save some money and are doing the short jaunts. If I had the patience and luck I would have made out better with daily rentals, but decided to just lower my rate with a no haggling policy. That worked out better. I am not gulffront, but do have views and I am not in one of the higher end developments, ie; Watercolor. Also, I noticed an increase in last minute rentals, especially on a larger property I have. I am guessing there were many waiting to see what their employment situation looked like first, gas rates, etc; and then having to coordinate with the group.

My observation from the beach umbrella is Rosemary is killin it. Their beach looked packed while I was down there. High Pointe seemed 1/2 full but honestly it always seems 1/2 full. I'm not sure everyone there rents which is awesome for the pool and beach. We have a great base of repeat customers and are very thankful for them.

My observation from the restaurants is way more crowded than last year. That being said we did not eat out much this year. Ate lots of frozen pizzas. But the nights we did venture out the restaurants seemed more crowded than last year.

My observation fromt the traffic... ugh... no difference, it seemed packed both going and coming to SoWal.