• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Not sure if it includes the bay, but chumming or baiting within 500 feet of shore is illegal in Walton County according to the beach use ordinance.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
Maybe I shouldn't be asking, but last night we watched Jaws with our new video projector on our 15x15 foot inflatable movie screen -- waaaay cool :cool:

So when was the last time a human swimming in the ocean was bitten swimming off of a Sowal beach?

Last edited:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
So when was the last time a human swimming in the ocean was bitten swimming off of a Sowal beach?

Jamie Marie Daigle, 14, 6/25/2005. She was killed by a 6-8 foot bull shark while boogie boarding in Miramar Beach.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
We were on vaca when the young girl was killed. It's been awhile and a few vacations since then, but I do think of it every time we're there in the water. It was all over the news.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
I think it is good to be aware and cautious when swimming in the gulf or bay but I would not get to worked up over sharks(avoid bait balls). They tend to not like people. I find it far more dangerous driving to Destin and back on a Friday night.

I find this hard to believe. Do you really drive to Destin on Friday nights?