• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Taken at 1pm today, right at the intersection of 395, we took a right onto 98 West, and he was 10 feet from the car before he turned and headed back towards wood line. He was more concerned with his lunch than with anything else. He was quite large.
It has been an incredible, nature-filled weekend so far, with dolphins, alligators, and large jellyfish just at the end of our dock. Wonder what this evening will bring, from a safe distance, of course!

EDIT: 5:15 pm A Bald Eagle swooping down and grabbing a mullet out of the bayou. wow.

Last edited:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:clap: Great pictures. Thanks for sharing with us. Did you take them with your cell phone...if so those turned out better then mine usually do!!!

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Yes indeed, taken with cell phone camera- which I cannot believe captured him at all.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
We saw him too! The coyote looks like a pup, it was on the N side of 98 between 395 and 283, it was about 4:30 Saturday afternoon.

Lief_Smith

Beach Comber
Oct 28, 2008
I believe that I saw a red wolf? coming down 395 at 5:30 pm on Thursday just before the national park. It was probably 85 -100 lbs.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Coons have gone missing? Who keeps count of the coons? jk

Well, my neighbor does. They have one that decided to live under their house, it eats with their cats and it has been missing for about 4 days now. It's become a fixture in the neighborhood.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I'll have to guess you saw a red fox, which I was told has been seen of late. But if you indeed saw a red wolf, that would be a big sighting. Probably a fox, though. Thanks for sharing.

I know that my quess-timation of weight is far from accurate but an 80lb FOX??? even if it was close (by my standards;-)) even a 50 lb fox is unbelievable. It has been verified that the red wolf is in this area so it is possible that what they saw was a wolf. I have seen more foxes recently, still not as many as 15 years ago, but none that come close to being that big.