• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
If only I hadn't lost two beloved cats in the last 15 months, I'd share in the adoration of the coyote. :cry:

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
Last week, I was surprised to see a coyote (it seemed reddish, and had a thick tail but was much larger than a fox) one block off 395 on Forest Street in Old Seagrove -- 2 blocks from the Seagrove Village Market.

I lost one of my sweet cats over Memorial Day this year, but I did not believe that coyotes were in my neighborhood. I guess they are everywhere.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The scrawny coyotes around here are not likely filling those little bellies on cats.

An 80 lb Red Wolf in South Walton would certainly be a huge sighting. I doubt they would get that big around South Walton, unless they are eating left overs from JamBone's. We have plenty of scrawny Coyotes and a few Red Fox, but I doubt that anyone would mistake them to be 80 lbs.

We need pics, people!

On a side note, don't declaw your kitties if they are outside cats. They need to be able to climb trees to escape predators.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
The scrawny coyotes around here are not likely filling those little bellies on cats.

I beg to differ. I have lost cats to coyotes and so have my neighbors. And much to my horror, I was awakened one night by one of those "scrawny" coyotes making a meal out of a raccoon in my back yard. Don't be fooled by their appearance - coyotes are vicious and efficient predators. :eek:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sorry that people have lost their pets.

Racoons are not the fastest moving animals. Do you have proof of Coyotes eating cats around here? Seeing a raccoon being eaten by a coyote doesn't meant that Coyotes are eating cats.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I frequently see coyotes on 30-A - usually around Seagrove or by Draper.

Sorry they are eating your pets, I wish they could just restrict themselves to controlling the nasty feral cat population.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Coyotes were howling like crazy just a moment ago in Old Pt Washington. Sounded like they were in the cemetary or close to it. DMarie, did you hear it???

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
Apr 8, 2009
Coyotes were howling like crazy just a moment ago in Old Pt Washington. Sounded like they were in the cemetary or close to it. DMarie, did you hear it???

Gosh they were quite loud that night in particular. I was sitting on my porch and heard them from out here, a mile or so up the road from the cemetary. Must've been really loud for everyone down there.