• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
For a bad canine joint, does this combination really work? Sweet Pea stretches before our walks and that helps, but she is getting crickety in colder weather.....it's just one joint that appears to have an old wound scar.

I don't like seeing her in pain :sosad:

If you have tried this, please let me know how it worked for your pooch! Thank you in advance!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
For a bad canine joint, does this combination really work? Sweet Pea stretches before our walks and that helps, but she is getting crickety in colder weather.....it's just one joint that appears to have an old wound scar.

I don't like seeing her in pain :sosad:

If you have tried this, please let me know how it worked for your pooch! Thank you in advance!

Oh most definitely. My little John had terrible back pain, arthritis, and the vet prescribed the combination you listed. It does take about 4 - 6 weeks before you notice any relief. But it really helped him. He almost became puppy-like. Hopping and scampering around.

We just used a human store brand. Your vet will advise you on the dosage. There are some guidelines you should follow but i don't remember what they were.

good luck!

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I buy our dog's joint tablets on Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com, and they do seem to work. If the problem is severe, you can speak with your vet about Adequan injections. Originally developed for horses, Adequan is a very concentrated glucosamine injected at the site, and if I remember correctly, can actually grow cartilage. Treatment is more frequent at first, maybe once or twice weekly for a couple of weeks, then tapering off to about once a month.

I've also found a natural pain reliever called DGP (for Dog Gone Pain) that seems to work well for her, too, and does not have the implications for liver damage that some of the presciption stuff does. Check Amazon for best price.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I buy our dog's joint tablets on Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com, and they do seem to work. If the problem is severe, you can speak with your vet about Adequan injections. Originally developed for horses, Adequan is a very concentrated glucosamine injected at the site, and if I remember correctly, can actually grow cartilage. Treatment is more frequent at first, maybe once or twice weekly for a couple of weeks, then tapering off to about once a month.

I've also found a natural pain reliever called DGP (for Dog Gone Pain) that seems to work well for her, too, and does not have the implications for liver damage that some of the presciption stuff does. Check Amazon for best price.
wow, i kinda want some of this for myself. :cool:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I've heard this combo mentioned for people too. Thanks for bringing this up as i hadn't thought about it for my Rott. He squeals occasionally too, and it happens more when the weather is cold. : (

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
OK, I will try it for her. I could say the phrase that gets her excited for a walk, but then that would be torture because we can't possibly take ten walks/day. I've been trying to teach her the phrase, "You gotta stretch," every time she stands up. And, she's starting to get it, especially when I try to show her........then, I get sloppy kisses and she just wants to play, hobbling around!

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
OK, I will try it for her. I could say the phrase that gets her excited for a walk, but then that would be torture because we can't possibly take ten walks/day. I've been trying to teach her the phrase, "You gotta stretch," every time she stands up. And, she's starting to get it, especially when I try to show her........then, I get sloppy kisses and she just wants to play, hobbling around!

I'm just picturing this... :rotfl: :wave:

croixbum

Banned
Jun 15, 2009
West Point, MS

I started taking FlexiCose about 6 months ago, it is a liquid glucosamine that is supposed to work faster. They advertise use for pets, I am better, cant say that this stuff actually helped but I know that something did. This is the website, they process the orders quickly, usually have it in 2 days.

Liquid Glucosamine Arthritis, Liquid Glucosamine Arthritis Stiff Joints - Flexicose Liquid Glucosamine Safe Arthritis Pain Relief For People Pets Dogs Cats

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc

:rotfl:I do yoga, Sweet Pea does doga.......at least teaching her to doga on command.....we'll see how this goes. I just got in and she hobbled while I did a stretch, then she went to bed. :lol:

I started taking FlexiCose about 6 months ago, it is a liquid glucosamine that is supposed to work faster. They advertise use for pets, I am better, cant say that this stuff actually helped but I know that something did. This is the website, they process the orders quickly, usually have it in 2 days.

Liquid Glucosamine Arthritis, Liquid Glucosamine Arthritis Stiff Joints - Flexicose Liquid Glucosamine Safe Arthritis Pain Relief For People Pets Dogs Cats

Thank you, croixbum! I think liquid will be easier. I will try it. ;-)

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
my Vet recommends it, it is in my dog's food. Much easier that way.