• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The reality is that the exterior has been finished for somewhere near five or six years. No matter how fine you finish a house, it shouldn't take a total of eight or ten years. Oh, I forgot to say, IMHO.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
That thing has been under "construction" for so long, I understand they're on their 3rd remodel of the kitchen--first tearing out the advocado appliances/harvest gold formica countertops; cycled through almond appliances and Corian countertops; now they've got to contend with stripping out the bubble-era SS & GCT. Will the county ever realize any decent property tax revenue from this place?...I'm betting not....oh, IMHO.

Like I said before, the Bellagio in Vega took 5 years to complete--from implosion of the Dunes in '93 until it opened in '98. If Hilton really wanted to complete that thing, it would have been done a long time ago--including successfully dodging the requirement for turtle lighting. This construction project doesn't impress me in the least--I'm more impressed with grassroots efforts of the folks who are putting up housing around NOLA for the poor folks who lost all to Katrina.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
How does that saying go...if it smells like a fish, it's fishy? I'm just saying...:blink:

trippy lechat

Beach Crab
Feb 10, 2010
hilton res pic

Anybody made it inside yet? Pics? :D

yep i got in for about 30 seconds and shot this
architect is arthur dyson apprentice to frank lloyd wright
very nice person
let me use the image on my website
and yes i did just the smallest amount of photoshopping possible lol

hiltonres.jpg