• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wish Me Luck!

New posts
I haven't checked your progress for awhile and popped in to see it tonight. The messages are such a great commentary on your challenge to stop smoking and the support you are getting. Correct me if I am wrong but do a lot of you know each other? It seems as if you all have a lot of history together. Hope you don't mind me popping in once in a while. I am so happy for your success this far. I love when you said you felt alive for the first time in a long time. Isn't it great to smell the fabric softener on your pillowcase, shampoo in your hair? Keep up the good work. You are doing a great thing!!!
 
Kathy, I am so proud of you! We got our reservations for the campground last week and will be there the whole week this year! I can not wait to sit on the beach with you and Kelly without the smoking umbrella!!!!!!!!!! Bert is stocking up Bert's Bar!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you girl!!
Kathy
 
7 weeks and counting. An observation. When you start to live a healthier life, people around you notice and make changes in their own lives. I have a very dear friend who smoked way more than me call me this morning. I had not talked to her in a couple of weeks. She told me that she started taking Chantix a week ago. This morning she said she had been cig free for 3 days. I have practically never seen her without a cig in her hand. She told me that if I could do it, she could! YAY. I am so happy for her. It will be hard, but she is determined like I was. She also is going to start execising as well. I told her that is the single most important thing when you quit smoking. It keeps you motivated to not want to smoke. Also, it just makes you feel so darn good.

I have not missed a day going to the gym in 2 weeks (except for the weekends, However I do walk on the weekends to make up for not going to the gym). I feel incredibly better.


I will be joining this thread in another couple of days. :ninja:

Well?

:clap: Wow, you are amazing girl. Good Job. Nicotine is a strong addiction and you did it! :clap:. I've got to get working on my body too. Bought the Wii Fitness and fell off the board and broke my foot :floor: For Real! I'm a goof.
Hi Cork! So glad to see you. Oh my goodness. You broke your foot on the Wii? Bless your heart. I hope it is better!

Kathy, I am so proud of you! We got our reservations for the campground last week and will be there the whole week this year! I can not wait to sit on the beach with you and Kelly without the smoking umbrella!!!!!!!!!! Bert is stocking up Bert's Bar!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you girl!!
Kathy

Hi sweetie. So glad to see you here! YAY, I am so glad you are staying for the week. I am getting so excited. Nope, there will not be a smoking lounge this year. ;-) Can't wait for Bert to get that blender spinning! Woo Hoo! Love you too!

I haven't checked your progress for awhile and popped in to see it tonight. The messages are such a great commentary on your challenge to stop smoking and the support you are getting. Correct me if I am wrong but do a lot of you know each other? It seems as if you all have a lot of history together. Hope you don't mind me popping in once in a while. I am so happy for your success this far. I love when you said you felt alive for the first time in a long time. Isn't it great to smell the fabric softener on your pillowcase, shampoo in your hair? Keep up the good work. You are doing a great thing!!!

Well, lets see. Some of us are friends in real life. Some of us have met each other in SoWal, because we became friends posting on this board. Some of us have not met in person, but we are still friends because of this board. Some of us have a rather lengthy posting history. :biggrin: Some of us will meet for the first time soon. (hopefully). I have made lifelong friends because of what Kurt started here. :wub:

Don't mind a bit you popping in. Nice to meet you. Thank you for the encouragment.

Yes, it is very nice not smelling like smoke.

Y'all have a wonderful day, you hear? ;-)



And you will have some beer waiting - you earned it! :wub:

Woo Hoo!!!

Great work, Darlene!! Yes, you deserve a break.....not a cigarette break! A sowal break~~~~~

I am working on an April break...I hope it happens!

You deserve it. We'll save you a seat at Chan's. Just imagine what wine tastes like without cigarettes.

Yummy, can't wait to taste that wine!!!! Yes, save me a seat!

Yahoo!!!!!!!! This would make me so happy!! :clap::wub:

I promise I am working on it....it would make very happy! :wub::wave:

Great job KDW :cool:

Thanks sweetie. :cool:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top