• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Yep, Leo the cat has done it again. He has been really good about going out for the night, then coming home by morning or at the most a day, but today is day 3 he has been gone.
If you see him, can you please just post here so I can get an idea of where he might be in Daughettes.
His picture is below and he does have a collar on. It is blue with a tag that has his name on it (Leo) and a phone number.
Thanks again.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Leo

Not again! I would not let that little guy out with all of the critters running around outside at night. That cat has nine lives I do think. If he comes back I'd never let him get out again. One day he may just not come home. I hope he does this time though. Glad you posted a picture so people know exactly what he looks like. Good luck

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Not again! I would not let that little guy out with all of the critters running around outside at night. That cat has nine lives I do think. If he comes back I'd never let him get out again. One day he may just not come home. I hope he does this time though. Glad you posted a picture so people know exactly what he looks like. Good luck

Sounds good in theory but the fact is, Leo loves the outside and there are 5 of us coming and going and he gets out when he gets the chance. He has been coming back either at night or the next morning. I ride the bike out calling for him and see many many other cats out as well.
I don't expect anyone to try to catch him or anything, just want to know if anyone spots him so I can get an idea of where he is since Daughettes is a large area.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Ughh...I hate that feeling.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Coyotes and fox, oh my!

I understand wanting the cat to be free, my mother's is the same way. But, it's probably only a matter of time, when neither comes home. Especially in our area, with the Coyotes and Fox!:eek: I guess you and your family have to ask yourself, are you more concerned with his being able to rendezvous, or, his safety? Good luck and my prayers, are with you AND Leo!

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
I understand wanting the cat to be free, my mother's is the same way. But, it's probably only a matter of time, when neither comes home. Especially in our area, with the Coyotes and Fox!:eek: I guess you and your family have to ask yourself, are you more concerned with his being able to rendezvous, or, his safety? Good luck and my prayers, are with you AND Leo!

Again, it is not a matter of me wanting to let him out, he gets out on his own. With 3 teenagers in the house, it is really impossible for everyone to watch their every move and Leo just waits for someone to not be paying attention and leave the screen door cracked an inch or he has learned to climb to the top of it and jiggle it just enough to open a crack so he can get out. I love the cat, I really do, but I did not voluntarily wind up with him and I do the best I can to make sure he has a nice home with lots of attention and plenty of food and love and he gets well taken care of. Since he was gone for those 6 weeks, he has been very good about coming back by morning or within the day and he does have a collar on him with his name and phone number but I guess he decided he wanted to roam again and there is not a whole lot I can do except look for him and ask people in Daughettes to let me know if they spot him and again, there are many many others in Daughettes that let their cats out as well as I see all of them as I am riding the neighborhood looking around for Leo. As much as I care about Leo, I cannot let him rule my life so I do the best I can for him.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Leo

I sympathize with your situation and undersand how easily it is for him to get out with kids in the home. My only worry is that he will not come home one day because of the of what Diane said about him not coming home because of the animals in the area that are killing cats and other small animals. There was a warning on the news about keeping your pet in because of the caygotes the area and one had killed the anchors cat and they are coming to the homes and not just by the wooded areas. I have a lb. dog and always go outside with him. I am afraid to let him out by himself for long especially at night. Hopefully Leo will come home and perhaps you can figure out a way to be sure he does not get out. My suggestion is that you sit down with your kids (they are teenagers so they can undestand at least) and explain about the animals that could harm Leo if he gets out and put double locks on the screem door and a note to remind them to check where Leo is before they go out. I know it is hard and animals are a big responsibility that you did not plan on taking on. If I remember right he is your son's cat and you are just taking care of him for him. They are warning about putting foot outside also for cats because it attracts the other critters we don't want coming around. For Leo's good I would try to think of a solution. Perhaps someone else could take him that does not have so much traffic in the home. It would be hard, but at least he would be safe. You are in a tough situation. I hope you find a solution if he makes it back this time. They worrying must drive you crazy also. I hope he comes home again.​

Again, it is not a matter of me wanting to let him out, he gets out on his own. With 3 teenagers in the house, it is really impossible for everyone to watch their every move and Leo just waits for someone to not be paying attention and leave the screen door cracked an inch or he has learned to climb to the top of it and jiggle it just enough to open a crack so he can get out. I love the cat, I really do, but I did not voluntarily wind up with himnd I do the best I can to make sure he has a nice home with lots of attention and plenty of food and love and he gets well taken care of. Since he was gone for those 6 weeks, he has been very good about coming back by morning or within the day and he does have a collar on him with his name and phone number but I guess he decided he wanted to roam again and there is not a whole lot I can do except look for him and ask people in Daughettes to let me know if they spot him and again, there are many many others in Daughettes that let their cats out as well as I see all of them as I am riding the neighborhood looking around for Leo. As much as I care about Leo, I cannot let him rule my life so I do the best I can for him.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
I'm sorry, but I'm not real sure why everyone is so up-in-arms about Leo roaming the neighborhood... Did I miss something?:dunno:

Our 007 was born and raised in PWash (over in the old section, not Daughettes) and roams free all the time. He's a happy kitty, and he always comes home for dinner and lovins'--but couldn't keep him indoors if you tied him to the couch! Is Leo declawed, or is there some other reason that he should not be running loose?

I'm all for taking care of your pets (my animals are my children, believe me, they are extremely well cared-for) but y'all seem to be awfully harsh in your critisms... Pardon the intrusion if I have, in fact, missed something that is pertinent to the story... :blush:

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
I'm sorry, but I'm not real sure why everyone is so up-in-arms about Leo roaming the neighborhood... Did I miss something?:dunno:

Our 007 was born and raised in PWash (over in the old section, not Daughettes) and roams free all the time. He's a happy kitty, and he always comes home for dinner and lovins'--but couldn't keep him indoors if you tied him to the couch! Is Leo declawed, or is there some other reason that he should not be running loose?

I'm all for taking care of your pets (my animals are my children, believe me, they are extremely well cared-for) but y'all seem to be awfully harsh in your critisms... Pardon the intrusion if I have, in fact, missed something that is pertinent to the story... :blush:

No, you didn't miss anything. People just love to criticize others on here, I get it almost everytime I post anything *sigh*
Anyways, I do wish Leo would not stay gone for days though, it makes me worry about him getting enough food and stuff. Honestly, I don't mind if he wants to roam around the neighborhood a bit but I do wish he would come back home on a regular basis so I wouldn't have to worry. My son got him at a month old and he was supposed to be his responsibility, and we discussed it at length before he got him, but he wound up moving to Canada (unplanned) and I have him now. I make sure he has a good home and plenty O' lovin and if I could figure out how to make him come home everyday, then all would be well...lol.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
NightAngel...I am so sorry, and I hope Leo comes back soon.

You may remember I lost one cat two summers ago and my Siamese last summer. I wouldn't dream of lecturing you...I know how hard I tried to keep my cats in, or at least bring them in at night, but night is when they liked to be out on the prowl and you can't make a cat do something it does not want to do. Since Leo came back before, perhaps he is a bit more street smart than mine were. Keep the faith!