• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
Homeboy, as I mentioned earlier, accurate numbers are difficult in Alys because quite of the transfers weren't put into the MLS and because EBSCO themselves have bought back properties that they sold so they really don't count. It's tough to find the real numbers there, maybe by design.

No problem. I just found a way to get the data on warranty deeds off the Walton County clerk of courts site. I found all of TWO :yikes: sales by EBSCO in Alys since January 1 of this year. Just two sales during the busiest selling season of the year. Not much demand for the product--not sure if it is only price or design/style or a combination of both.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
So just what's the ulterior motive, homeboy? You've got 19 posts on the board, and a quick skim turns up that 8 of them are on this thread slamming one particular development.

If you've got some actual good gossip, you've got to share.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
Every time i drive by alys beach it reminds me of the alamo with its all white. i think if they used many colors like seaside it would have helped sell.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Alys beach is the best development on 30A. End of story. Sales don't necessarily make one community better then the next. People have a pack mentality and once Alys finds the secret for there mission it will take off. Perhaps, things are going along as planned. They don't seem to worried. I am glad it has been slow as they have been so gracious to allow all of us to be a part of it.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Alys beach is the best development on 30A. End of story. Sales don't necessarily make one community better then the next. People have a pack mentality and once Alys finds the secret for there mission it will take off. Perhaps, things are going along as planned. They don't seem to worried. I am glad it has been slow as they have been so gracious to allow all of us to be a part of it.

Why is it so great? I don't get the appeal - little tiny lots, small back yards, no privacy, high costs of ownership, central planning.. I'm not of the opinion these attributes are positive.

Alys to me seems centered on image, less on quality of life.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
The alys beach actual 2 big cups to the beach,the plam trees entrance off 30-a is as nice as anything on 30-a. But the homes almost look like connected townhomes

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Why is it so great? I don't get the appeal - little tiny lots, small back yards, no privacy, high costs of ownership, central planning.. I'm not of the opinion these attributes are positive.

Central planning is a negative? There are good sized lots in the San Juan area.:sarc: The core of Alys can be summed up in two words: great architecture.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

I just dig the vibe and the quality. I get so sick of Florida cottage and wood rot. This place just feels right to me. I can not grasp the exact words but when I visit I think, "wow, now finally someone gets it." They are on another level of any other PUD in the area. I hope they have the strength to survive. I also strongly feel if they can hold out this will be one of if not the number one resort destination in the south east.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Central planning is a negative? There are good sized lots in the San Juan area.:sarc: The core of Alys can be summed up in two words: great architecture.

and I would add: superior construction that is energy efficient.

sense of community that is very positive.

(and the best children's playground on the beach):clap: