• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

janalea

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2007
My family and I are headed to Seagrove in 2 days! We're so excited and can't wait! However, on this trip we HAVE to travel to Destin one afternoon and thought we stay and have dinner while we were there. We want to dine some place good where the kids can watch the fleet come in. Any suggestions?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Dewey Destin's on the Harbor is a good option- casual, kid friendly, and the food is generally reliable. For the best views of the harbor, ask for a table upstairs.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
McGuire's Irish Pub. Not a great view of the harbor but after dinner, walk across the street and poke around the cool shops. They are right on the water.

There was a time that I would have recommended Harbor Docks, but unless they've gotten their stuff together since February, I cannot.

Harry T's is kid friendly, the food is good and the service is excellent, and they are right on the water. You pay for the view, but since you seem prepared for that, you should enjoy it.

janalea

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2007
There was a time that I would have recommended Harbor Docks, but unless they've gotten their stuff together since February, I cannot.

Harry T's is kid friendly, the food is good and the service is excellent, and they are right on the water. You pay for the view, but since you seem prepared for that, you should enjoy it.

We had heard about a place called Harbor Docks and were thinking about it. Not good? Bad experience in February?

We had heard about a place called Harbor Docks and were thinking about it. Not good? Bad experience in February?

Harbor Docks used to be our "go to" place for fresh fish and seafood in a casual setting at fair (not cheap) prices - we'd eat there several times in a trip and we did this for several years. But the last two years (each time in February) the restaurant underwent major changes in the kitchen and in its philosophy that really hurt - both the food and the service. Since it's all the same owners, I hold out hope that they will, so to speak, right the ship. But I can no longer recommend them.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Can't beat the view at Lucky Snapper and the place is great for kids. The food is average and average price, also.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Harbor Docks used to be our "go to" place for fresh fish and seafood in a casual setting at fair (not cheap) prices - we'd eat there several times in a trip and we did this for several years. But the last two years (each time in February) the restaurant underwent major changes in the kitchen and in its philosophy that really hurt - both the food and the service. Since it's all the same owners, I hold out hope that they will, so to speak, right the ship. But I can no longer recommend them.

Ate at Harbor Docks Monday and our party was underwhelmed, to put it mildly. Took forever to get our food, and it was not worth the wait. A shame, too, as it was our go-to place on the harbor for years.