• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I'm waitin for the day that someone "having fun" drifts those blind corners and nails someone head-on.......I use the road a lot, including ferrying my kids to/from school (as do many). If I'm the one nailed, we'll have a "talk".

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I miss all the good stuff!

Knocking on wood as I type...I am the ONLY one in my gene pool not to wipe out on Daddy's road. That is, unless you consider sinking a 4wd Bronco II in a mudhole on that road as a form of wiping out. If so, then we've all done it. Most recently, it was ShallowsSquirt. It's a rite of passage.

Hcmike

Beach Crab
Sep 17, 2010
LOL,well you can have your talk with the other hundred people too,your an army of one my friend.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
LOL,well you can have your talk with the other hundred people too,your an army of one my friend.

my point exactly.....fun is fun, but not on blind curves near a school. I loved drifting on the ten miles of dirt road to our house when I was a kid, but you could see what was around the next curve.:dunno:

Wow, nice attitude Hcmike. Happy2beme made a great point. There is a big difference between being legitimately in the ditch and being there because you were horsing around and putting other people in danger. I am now glad I don't have to drive that stretch of road...

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
Wow, nice attitude Hcmike. Happy2beme made a great point. There is a big difference between being legitimately in the ditch and being there because you were horsing around and putting other people in danger. I am now glad I don't have to drive that stretch of road...

I don't think he meant it the way you took it so lets not take a discussion and turn it into bickering. He was saying that apparently after all of these years of people crashing on that road, you would be the only one that has tried to do anything about it because obviously the county or no one else has tried to make it any safer.

I don't think he meant it the way you took it so lets not take a discussion and turn it into bickering. He was saying that apparently after all of these years of people crashing on that road, you would be the only one that has tried to do anything about it because obviously the county or no one else has tried to make it any safer.

I noticed I was a bit grumpy in that post, but I was at work and couldn't edit it on the iPhone Sowal interface. Sorry I came across so harsh. :wave: