• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PC

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2005
TN
Was ready to book a place and head down to sowal but that grass is just not going anywhere, so as of now we have decided to just not come. Does anyone know of a place in the panhandle besides PCB that is free of June grass?

Thanks

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
We are heading down next week and have been hearing horror stories of sea slugs and june grass - what's the status now? thanks

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Well, I guess everyone's preference is different and I totally get that. Growing up on the East Coast with murky surf, the june grass is nothing.....step out in faith that something doesn't gitcha! I even took a night swim recently in all of that june grass. Some kind of little fish do bump into your ankles.....I guess that's what they are and what they're doing.......I really don't know. :blink:

I do really love St. George Island, too!!! Charming and sleepy. ;-)

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Arrived seagrove 9-4. Sea slugs yes! Horrified b/c thought were tarballs. So relieved were just slugs (as reported prior were nudibranches). About 2 days in they all disappeared. June grass only in spots in AM. We relished our time - swimming, napping, walking, reading, eating. Was apprehensive from afar, but everything was beautiful, honest!

WhiskeyRiver

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2005
Bartlett, TN
Thanks for info. Just looked at SGB beach cam and it looks better than it did yesterday. One week and counting..... :)

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Due to the thick june grass, I stepped on a couple of Atlantic Blues last weekend. The second one pinched my little toe so hard, I thought he drew blood! Looks like they are molting....isn't it late in the season for soft shells?

(When I screamed and flailed, my man type friend ran in the other direction.) :lol: