• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AlphaCrab

Beach Fanatic
Sep 25, 2008
Inlet Beach
Would you frequent a gay bar if one opened on 30A?

Where do you think the best location would be?

Yes!! In Red Fish Village--the rent would probably be very affordable... I would call it the "Villages People..and Friends." Tuesdays will have to be TOQ night--yea I will show up. I will back you if you want to go into business. You know where to find me.

Last edited:

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
It all depends on the atmosphere. I have lived in both Ft Lauderdale and Washington DC and have been to many different Gay Bars and just like any bar or club there are great ones and horrible ones. I do miss cutting edge DJ's. It would be nice to have a Dance club that does not cater to drunken college kids with DJ that spins more than top 40 and hip hop, and (sorry folks) a dress code.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Yes!! In Red Fish Village--the rent would probably be very affordable... I would call it the "Villages People..and Friends." Tuesdays will have to be TOQ night--yea I will show up. I will back you if you want to go into business. You know where to find me.

if ya'll open a bar, I promise to become a bar fly there.:D

Our daughter and her sorority sisters used to go to a gay bar on Spring near GT when they wanted to drink but not get hit on and not hear the slimey/cliche lines from guys trying to pick up girls at bars. So I know that females might like to frequent a gay bar.

We wouldn't because hubby is very tall, and I won't say any more.;-)

Location? Well, I wouldn't want my gay friends to be discriminated against. So wherever is fine with me.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

I was leaning more towards "Go your own way" ala Fleetwood Mac. :D

Suggestions are fine.

Do you think we could do a Sunday Tea Dance at the Redfish beach access?

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
I was leaning more towards "Go your own way" ala Fleetwood Mac. :D

Suggestions are fine.

Do you think we could do a Sunday Tea Dance at the Redfish beach access?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyPMtkzOCt8"]YouTube - Fleetwood Mac-Go Your Own Way[/ame] :sowal:

Last edited:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Seering's old place? Loved the swanky bar. Maybe convert that space to meet your needs.

Or create a new one and make the best outdoor garden/beer garden around.

Don't make it the only gay bar in the area. Make it the bar with the best venue in the area that happens to be a straight friendly, gay bar...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Most gay bars are straight friendly - unfortunately cannot be said that most straight bars are gay friendly. :angry: