• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I'll bet a new pair of branded CROX, and a domestic (only) beer at Bud & Alleys in June 2011, that JOE will work out better from November 4th, until May 15, 2011than either the entire index as measured by SPY, or.. or either any ONE of the following:
GLD
CMG
SPG
OPEN

but Shelly won't put his money where his ass

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I remember when SHELLY pooed all over CROX, which at the time was at 60, crashed when everything else did, but ironically has steadily climbed ever since. Yes, the folks that bought at 60 are still in the red, but the folks that bought at 5 are either rich from when they sold at over 50 or are happy that there investment is still ahead.

The point is that you can look at anything in it's current context and find something negative, but depending on where you are looking there is probably a positive before or after.

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I'll bet a new pair of branded CROX, and a domestic (only) beer at Bud & Alleys in June 2011, that JOE will work out better from November 4th, until May 15, 2011than either the entire index as measured by SPY, or.. or either any ONE of the following:
GLD
CMG
SPG
OPEN

but Shelly won't put his money where his ass

Get serious. Why did you pick those stocks over stocks that are equivalent to JOE's PE?

It's a sucker's bet to predict that momentum stocks in the $100+ per share range may not fare as well percentage-wise as a stock that's currently the darling of short-sellers all over Wall Street.

Maybe you can find a player who currently owns 5 PCB condoz he bought for $525K a copy.

I'll ignore the "ass" comment--I've got a snappy comeback, but I'll take the highroad on that one.

(Can I assume making a bet for a cheap beer and a pair of rubber shoes your second best investment idea?)

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I remember when SHELLY pooed all over CROX, which at the time was at 60, crashed when everything else did, but ironically has steadily climbed ever since.

I did pretty good on CROX (it actually crashed about a year before the big bang)...paid for a nice overseas vacation.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I did pretty good on CROX (it actually crashed about a year before the big bang)...paid for a nice overseas vacation.

At what point did you buy in, the point is would it still be a positive gain for you at this point?

Still watching my Sirius investment at .96 gain. :D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
At what point did you buy in, the point is would it still be a positive gain for you at this point?

Still watching my Sirius investment at .96 gain. :D

Here's a vintage thread from Summer 2007 that will give you some insight to my CROX era....ironically it was titled "Is JOE worth buying?"

http://www.sowal.com/bb/real-estate-discussion/14280-joe-worth-buying.html

Doesn't anyone on here have some "new" investment ideas other than gold, real estate, JOE and MLMs? (Scratch that, I really don't want to know.)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I'll ignore the "ass" comment--I've got a snappy comeback, but I'll take the highroad on that one.

Asking you to put your ass on the line on a wager, and calling you an ass, are quite different to me. So by taking the high road, does that mean you wont' take the wager. If you don't like the yardstick options provided, then let's just measure it against the entire S&P 500.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!