• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
OK, I can't resist sharing a poop pic. I am pretty sure this is bear scat, it might be deer, but I don't think so. I hope it is bear scat because it is both relatively fresh and full of acorns and seeds, stuff they should be eating instead of trash!

that looks like deer poop to me...the big patty a few posts up looks more like a bear or coyote. :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
that looks like deer poop to me...the big patty a few posts up looks more like a bear or coyote. :dunno:
Ditto.

Pellets are typically deer type animals, bear looks like the puddle you posted or a dark human poop w/ fur in it.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Ditto.

Pellets are typically deer type animals, bear looks like the puddle you posted or a dark human poop w/ fur in it.

It could be deer, and what I was told was deer poo in the past looked like pellets, but they were like large rabbit pellets-the 'pellets' in the pic are not pellets at all, but acorns. I have another pic that makes me think it is bear's, I will post it later:drool:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

Ditto.

It could be deer, and what I was told was deer poo in the past looked like pellets, but they were like large rabbit pellets-the 'pellets' in the pic are not pellets at all, but acorns. I have another pic that makes me think it is bear's, I will post it later:drool:

As promised, take a peek at this poop pile. You will note it is old, and has 'eroded' to the point where you can see what might look like pellets, but are really some sort of seed or acorns. I think you will agree that the original pile didn't look anything like deer scat, but with time this will have a 'pellet' appearance, too.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
As promised, take a peek at this poop pile. You will note it is old, and has 'eroded' to the point where you can see what might look like pellets, but are really some sort of seed or acorns. I think you will agree that the original pile didn't look anything like deer scat, but with time this will have a 'pellet' appearance, too.

The stuff on the right definitely looks like bear poo.

CampbellFL

Beach Comber
Mar 7, 2010
These must be the bears who ate the leftovers of my rotissere chicken! on december 1st i heard rustling around in my carport and sure enough there were three bears in my yard. I was on the second floor porch so i didnt was not afraid and tried to get pics but btwn the pitch black and me not trying to scare them, i couldnt get one! I am much more cautious about going out at night now!!