• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The domain name: toeachyourbeach.com - belongs to lkm, which is the advertising agency hired by the TDC.

The domain name was registered on Nov 11, 2010. It is an inactive domain at this time - they probably were reserving it for potential future use.

They would also probably like to have the domain name southwalton.com

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If any of you guys really cared, you would have attended countless meetings with LKM at the TDC workshops which were open to the public and announced on SoWal.com. I love how everyone waits to have a voice AFTER the fact. Why not be a voice DURING the process. LKM even pitched this at a BCC meeting last year.

I've heard several people say that people should get involved rather than b_tch and moan. The time to get involved is during the process, not after.

I have attended many presentations made be LKM regarding the branding of South Walton. I'm not sure that I'm a raving fan of "To Each, Your Beach," but after listening to LKM representatives, I can tell you that they know what they are doing, and it will be a huge improvement over the current status. They have their act together and will be an asset to the TDC. There is no easy fix on trying to brand 15 different beach communities in South Walton. I encourage you guys to go to some of the workshops hosted by the TDC and LKM and listen to their game plan.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I don't know why they don't realize by now any and all ideas must be tested on this community forum before any decisions are made. teehee.

I am sorry to say that when I see it - well, I don't even want to say what it sounds like to me... but bottom line - in poor taste. Is this really real?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't need to go to a meeting or hear the presentation to know that rebranding (again) and spending $1.3 million on it is dumb.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you just finally got it working, don't keep messing with it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
They would also probably like to have the domain name southwalton.com

Robert Nelson probably has more hits on his site, SouthWalton.com from your post above than from any other source. I guess he is hoping to sell the site.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Who said it was working?
According to LKM's studies, they found that a strong number of people who were staying in South Walton thought they were staying in Destin. How is that for "working?" If you had attended one of the many workshops, you could learn more ways that the current branding is confusing and not working.

Like I said, you can sit around a complain after the fact, or you can get involved in the process.

Last edited:

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
KEY FINDINGS

BSW has 49% name recognition among core targets and 21% name recognition in expansion markets

Less than half of visitors who have visited the area in the past know where they are

3% of visitors in 2010 knew they were in Beaches of South Walton

6% of visitors who actually stayed overnight in BSW thought they were in Destin

Advertising recall amongst competitive destinations are and have remained flat at 21%

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
BRAND STORY

Everyone needs to have their own beach.

Sounds simple enough. Start with the purest white quartz sand filtered down from the Appalachians eons ago and washed westward along the blue-green Gulf.

Form it into wave-like dunes topped with sea grasses. Frame the dunes with pines, spreading broad swathes of green against the perfect blue of the sky. Scoop out freshwater lakes to reflect all that blue. And back it all with a huge inland estuary teeming with all forms of life.

People have been drawn to this restorative beauty ever since they've been drawn to the South. The culture that has grown up here from residents and visitors alike has ever been peaceful, respectful of the natural uniqueness and well spiced with the flavors of Southern and gulf coast character.

The result is a necklace of individual beach neighborhoods, each with its distinct emotional hue,
its own cultural traditions and feel, its own visual style. All linked not only to each other, but also to the bountiful natural gifts they are committed to preserve and perpetuate.

This is our promise: somewhere along this strand, you will find your perfect place, your partner's beach ideal, your family's epitome of what the word beach was meant to be.

That's South Walton. To each, your beach.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
South Walton - okay - its good and simple.
To Each, Your Beach - is not a name - its a tag line or slogan - and this one has a negative feeling to me.

BTW, I'm very grateful to those who do have time or make the time to attend TDC meetings! I know many who do attend, many who do not (great majority), and some who go very occasionally based on an issue important to them - all have a valid opinion whether they have contributed to the process or not.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
So changing the existing name to some very stupid slogan (for $1.3 million) is going to help that 6% know where they are?