• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Not Found

The requested URL /BSW-BRAND was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at flvhosting.com Port 80

:dunno:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I also wonder if any others in the community have any comments on what would be a good selling price. :dunno:

You would think they would get this sort of thing worked out in advance. I have owned that domain since 1997 and have had more calls about it starting about 90 days ago then anything you could imagine. What I have been offered before this happened would barely cover my expenses all these years.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Fixed it, the link was pasted wrong.

Bob was also able to shrink it to 1.9MB for all the dial-up/phone users.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Per BR's link I got it - Bob's posted photos were actually far better than the actual product.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

Luggage falling off an SUV? That's how we want to position ourselves in peoples' minds? As the crap that falls off as they accelerate to leave?

28 pages and only one picture of the beach - reused several times.

Money well spent. :sarc: Look at the presentation. Each page is $46K - well above the average yearly income for a Walton resident. Am I being overly harsh?

Is there a high school graphics/art/media class that we could have take a stab at it? How cool would that be for the Sowal kids to design ads and commercials and then get to see them?

Last edited:

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
I realize a power point of a marketing presentation is only part of the presentation. Usually there's a lot of talking by a charismatic sales person and details come across that aren't in the hard copy of the presentation. However, even given that, this seems pretty light weight.

There are a couple of big questions:

1) One of the stated goals is to "Drive qualified traffic to BSW.com and
partner landing pages. The big question related to this is -- in any of their workshops, did they address the the fact that the current BSW.com web site is mediocre as an area marketing tool, and is any part of the 1.3 Million budget going to overhauling or redesigning that site? Or is that going to be extra money? If not, what are any people that they drive to the current site supposed to do once they get there?

2) Where's the social networking material?

There's no mention of social networking or any planned use of it in as a mechanism to capitalize on those 49 percent of the people that actually know where they are. Why not? There's this thing called facebook that I've heard is a pretty big thing nowadays. Not sure how to use that myself, but I'd hope that a modern advertising firm would have a good idea on how to work that into a marketing campaign. All I see are the old standards -- print, broadcast, plus "mobile" thrown in. No real web/social networking strategy.