• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Drake

Beach Crab
Apr 28, 2011
My wife and I have some interest in purchasing a lot in West Beach. Our plan is to purchase and build in five years (or less). I would like any thoughts as to this development. I was surprised when the prices increased at the first of the year. I also read some concerns on an earlier post about the HOA fees. Generally, I would like any input on this development.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's very secluded, and only time will tell if it's more long term than vacation. They are building spec homes now to try and attract attention. Not sure about the HOA dues, but I would assume they are pretty steep considering the landscaping and amenities.

I would consider buying there if they'd re-do the beach walkover. It's a REALLY long walk to the beach, and it is excruciatingly hot walking over the lagoon that is under the walkover to get to the beach in the summer. The walkover is not really wide enough for two bikes to pass each other going opposite directions unless they go really slowly. If Joe would make the resort and walkover golf-cart friendly, I'd consider it.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I would consider buying there if they'd re-do the beach walkover. It's a REALLY long walk to the beach, and it is excruciatingly hot walking over the lagoon that is under the walkover to get to the beach in the summer. The walkover is not really wide enough for two bikes to pass each other going opposite directions unless they go really slowly. If Joe would make the resort and walkover golf-cart friendly, I'd consider it.

That's probably not going to happen and the owners should thank their lucky stars they got the easement through state park for what is there. Otherwise that development would be crickets and over grown streets.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
It seems like this area is starting to get some attention. The fees are around $700 a quarter. I like it. The walk to the beach is a bit far but not really that bad. For the price of these homes and the location, I think this could turn out to be a good deal. Keep your home under $500,000 and your in good shape.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
I think it's a beautiful development and am so surprised that it hasn't caught on. We almost bought a lot there but then we found our cottage somewhere else. The walk to the beach is a bit far but it's great exercise :) I hope it does well.

mbo222

Beach Comber
Oct 23, 2009
Well, We bought a lake lot in 2009 out of foreclosure. Probably the best thing we have ever done. We are in the process of finding our builder for our house plan and hope to have a place by next spring. We think this is one of the best kept secrets on 30a. I mean think about it, south of 30a, boundaried by state park, beach access, and a great pool with awesome pine landscape. Yes its a walk to the beach, but its good for you! Fees are 700/quarter or so. Totally agree with Bobby J. Keep the house under 500k and your solid here.

Dave13104

Beach Crab
Nov 18, 2020
Manlius, NY
I know that this is a very old thread but I just discovered this forum. We are northerners who have been vacationing on 30A for 12 years and we are planning to retire there in another 5 years or so. We toured Watersound West when we were there last week and we will be looking for a resale there when the time comes.

It's funny to read a 9 year old comments about keeping the house under $500K when a vacant lot there sells for $535(?) now! And there are only 2 left. If only we all had a crystal ball.