WaterSound West Beach

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Drake, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Drake

Drake Beach Crab

My wife and I have some interest in purchasing a lot in West Beach. Our plan is to purchase and build in five years (or less). I would like any thoughts as to this development. I was surprised when the prices increased at the first of the year. I also read some concerns on an earlier post about the HOA fees. Generally, I would like any input on this development.

2. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

It's very secluded, and only time will tell if it's more long term than vacation. They are building spec homes now to try and attract attention. Not sure about the HOA dues, but I would assume they are pretty steep considering the landscaping and amenities.

3. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I would consider buying there if they'd re-do the beach walkover. It's a REALLY long walk to the beach, and it is excruciatingly hot walking over the lagoon that is under the walkover to get to the beach in the summer. The walkover is not really wide enough for two bikes to pass each other going opposite directions unless they go really slowly. If Joe would make the resort and walkover golf-cart friendly, I'd consider it.

4. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

That's probably not going to happen and the owners should thank their lucky stars they got the easement through state park for what is there. Otherwise that development would be crickets and over grown streets.

5. Bobby J

Bobby J Beach Fanatic

It seems like this area is starting to get some attention. The fees are around $700 a quarter. I like it. The walk to the beach is a bit far but not really that bad. For the price of these homes and the location, I think this could turn out to be a good deal. Keep your home under $500,000 and your in good shape.

6. Ohio Girl

Ohio Girl Beach Lover

I think it's a beautiful development and am so surprised that it hasn't caught on. We almost bought a lot there but then we found our cottage somewhere else. The walk to the beach is a bit far but it's great exercise :) I hope it does well.

7. mbo222

mbo222 Beach Comber

Well, We bought a lake lot in 2009 out of foreclosure. Probably the best thing we have ever done. We are in the process of finding our builder for our house plan and hope to have a place by next spring. We think this is one of the best kept secrets on 30a. I mean think about it, south of 30a, boundaried by state park, beach access, and a great pool with awesome pine landscape. Yes its a walk to the beach, but its good for you! Fees are 700/quarter or so. Totally agree with Bobby J. Keep the house under 500k and your solid here.

8. Dave13104

Dave13104 Beach Crab

I know that this is a very old thread but I just discovered this forum. We are northerners who have been vacationing on 30A for 12 years and we are planning to retire there in another 5 years or so. We toured Watersound West when we were there last week and we will be looking for a resale there when the time comes.

It's funny to read a 9 year old comments about keeping the house under $500K when a vacant lot there sells for $535(?) now! And there are only 2 left. If only we all had a crystal ball.

9. Ohio Girl

Ohio Girl Beach Lover

Those lots were in low 400s last year. Just sayin.

10. Dave13104

Dave13104 Beach Crab

I have no doubt. It looks like everything down there is up 20% from last year.