• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Please show the new logo on SoWal.com soon. Sounds much more promising than "To eat your beach" was. Glad somebody at TDC finally acknowledged they were listening to their constituents, not just looking at the research.

After all, New Coke tested great in research, and we know how that brand marketing turned out...

This is the logo they distributed in their press release today.

image001.png

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Its a great improvement over the previous one but still no where near worth 1.3 million.

From Lisa C:
At the meeting Dawn explained the $1.3 million dollar budget was not just for the logo and tagline, that it also included research, testing, brand creation, brand evaluation, strategy and also included assets.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Here's a thought - how about the TDC & local businesses insist that every time someone writes an article about the area they don't tag it as Panama City or Destin.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Much better but $1,333,000.00! That does not include advertising and marketing the new brand, changing the old brand, and we still are just a beach!! Is that why the only reason people visit South Walton or is it something else? Is it for relaxation? Is it for adventure? Is it for fishing? Is it for a village like community full of art and cinema? Is it for dining? Is it for socialization and networking? Is it for service related businesses?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The old brand was fine with me. The Beaches of So. Walton still says it all!!! Lets take some of that money and patrol the beach more often. The stretch in Seacrest is a mess but I won't get started with that subject. If our beaches are so important to everyone, then lets take care of them. Not everyone does.

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
Did Litken just tell the rest of us to shut up and live with whatever the TDC wants to do? And who is Litken, who only has two posts to date? I'm offended.

Not at all BB, and I apologize if you were offended. Guess I need to quit posting late at night when the head's a little foggy. My intent was to encourage folks to participate in the public input process at the point where the decisions are made, rather than sniping after them after the fact on Kurt's marvelous, but anonymous bulletin board.

As it turned out, a better decision was made with the release that came out today, judging from inputs below...a testament to folks speaking up in whatever forum.

If only two posts offends, I'm sorry but it's only because Kurt changed the format and I'm having trouble figuring out the buttons to push...I can only plead old age. I'm native, and have been here for 58 years. I didn't just arrive from somewhere else and get my suitcase unpacked.

North Lake

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2007
Here's a thought - how about the TDC & local businesses insist that every time someone writes an article about the area they don't tag it as Panama City or Destin.

Kurt, where's the like button?