• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
So how is Scooterbug's foot doing? ;-)
My feet are both fine and you know it!

Wal-mart was supposedly going to be the place for locals to get their everyday and hard to find items at low prices and a convenient location. That was supposed to offset the negatives. Instead, we opened the Pandora's "big box" and seem to not have gotten the touted positives.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My feet are both fine and you know it!

Wal-mart was supposedly going to be the place for locals to get their everyday and hard to find items at low prices and a convenient location. That was supposed to offset the negatives. Instead, we opened the Pandora's "big box" and seem to not have gotten the touted positives.

Thank you.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
so far so good! maybe I shall take scootyfunn on an outing to our Smalmart for a lesson in driving the electric shopping cart.
Isn't Scooty something? I heard he ruptured his Achilles tendon running from security dispersing he and other local rabblerousers trying to unionize SOWALMART employees. Scooty is on the record as being a huge fan of LSVs, so I'm thinking a LSV tour of SOWALMART to break his WALMARTophobia may be just what the doctor ordered. You might need to slap a straight jacket on him...they had a few in the Halloween stuff. :rotfl: :popcorn: :wacko: :funn:

agrier57205

Beach Comber
Jul 29, 2011
I'm glad some people can find what they are looking for at the new store. That does not change my opinion that it was a waste of development. This area did not need an Alvin's Island that sells milk.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Isn't Scooty something? I heard he ruptured his Achilles tendon running from security dispersing he and other local rabblerousers trying to unionize SOWALMART employees. Scooty is on the record as being a huge fan of LSVs, so I'm thinking a LSV tour of SOWALMART to break his WALMARTophobia may be just what the doctor ordered. You might need to slap a straight jacket on him...they had a few in the Halloween stuff. :rotfl: :popcorn: :wacko: :funn:

You're a nut. Thanks for the tip though - I have always wanted a straight jacket to keep at the house just in case.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
The appearance of Wally world marked the end of 30a as we know it. Period.

jenstreats

Beach Comber
Jun 8, 2011
did you know that you can preserve your expensive gas, spend the money on a martini or margarita, and order your needs from your cell phone or laptop, all while enjoying the sunset? Wal-mart delivers for 97cents or FREE on a lot of items!! just a thought!

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I heard a quote once that reminds me of Walmart and Target. 80% of people work at jobs they hate to buy stuff they don't need.

I truly believe we are better off without these big chains but them being here does not really ruffle my feathers. They just remind me that our little bit of paradise is growing and I am really grateful I got to live it before the inevitable. Change happens.