• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Gosh, what a surprise that there's a parking issue!?!

The parking issue can be resolved by having their employees park at county parks like other restaurants do. lol

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
You should never expect much from a restaurant's first month (or more) around here. It is extremely difficult to staff especially. A bad review on here for a new restaurant in SoWal could sink their ship before they even get any wind in their sail. Not fair IMHO especially since they could have all new suppliers, staff, and even management next week.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
People have been asking so I'm glad to see a review, maybe they will get it together in the kitchen soon. I have friends in the restaurant biz and a dear friend who's a supplier and they agree that you've got to start out on the right foot when opening a new restaurant and it doesn't sound like WB has. I don't know their prices but as expensive as things tend to be in the area-frozen burgers and congealed cheese won't cut it!

Marla Burns

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2007
Whiskey Bravo Hits a Home Run For Us!

My husband & I ate at 723 Whiskey Bravo last Saturday. We arrived just as they opened for lunch. Went upstairs, sat in comfy seats overlooking a nice view of the Gulf. Waiter, Jason, was very attentive and friendly. Fish tacos were great and the fries were good, too! Owner came over to check on us and say "hi". They even gave us a coke to go for free. We enjoyed it and will likely be regulars there.

Last edited:

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Thanks for the review i am looking forward to checking it out soon!

You should never expect much from a restaurant's first month (or more) around here. It is extremely difficult to staff especially. A bad review on here for a new restaurant in SoWal could sink their ship before they even get any wind in their sail. Not fair IMHO especially since they could have all new suppliers, staff, and even management next week.

Dawn, I completely understand what you are saying. In the past, reviewers would deliberately wait 6-10 weeks before visiting new restaurants for that exact reason. The explosion of social media, such as this site, has changed that.

I think most people would agree that if a restaurant is open for business and charging full price, they need to deliver value for that money. I think most diners understand and don't expect perfection from a new restaurant, but it all comes down to how the house handles the problems, not so much whether there are problems (and that is true of older restaurants also).

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
I think with the high cost of eating out in most of 30a's restaurants, you hope for good food and good service right off the bat. We do cut a new restaurant some slack because they are dealing with new employees, and in that line of business, it is sometimes challenging to find quality staff. We really appreciate waiters and waitresses who seem to love their job and tip accordingly. Good service can make mediocre food taste better. Hopefully, Whiskey Bravo will be a success. Restaurants seem to come and go so quickly on 30a, it's difficult to get a gift certificate and use it while the place is still open. I still think there needs to be more reasonably priced restaurants here. I would rather patronize our local places but we sometimes end up at a chain because of the cost.

weimowner

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2008
Questions, comments & concerns for Whiskey Bravo

I went to Whiskey Bravo last night for a visit.

A question is why do they say home made Bloody Mary Mix when the bartender was pouring out of a Zing Zang bottle? Good mix yes, accurate - NO!

Another Q: why when so busy after 7pm is there not a hostess or someone guiding patrons on where to sit or when there may be a table coming available? Observed a # of customers asking staff all sorts of these questions and getting confusing/conflicting answers. A group or 2 actually left because of this.

Comment(s): Beautiful build out. Nice furniture. Great views. Terrible uniforms. Nice prices on alcohol.

Concern(s):
Having large trash bin 30 feet from the rooftop deck will prove interesting in the very hot days coming ahead. Even if they have pickup everyday, which is unlikely. And only one restroom for both ladies and gents will prove interesting on the roof. Parking nice, but more probably needed. Sure owners would agree.

lancelf08

Beach Comber
Jul 23, 2007
I ate at Whiskey Bravo last night for dinner and it was so-so. The view and comfy chairs are great, and I'll definitely be back for drinks and another meal once the restaurant gets the kinks worked out. But yesterday wasn't the best service or food. I got the Big Fish Taco, which was pretty tasty. The fries were cold. My dining partners order appetizers, which came out with our meal and were not correct. It took another 15 mins for them to bring us the correct appetizer, which came out at the end of our meal. I understand that the restaurant needs some time to get going and that's why I'll give it another try down the road. It will be a great spot to drink some beer and hangout regardless of the food.