• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
I wonder how the merchants of Seaside feel about this. Personally, I detest valet parking and paying to park, and there's no way I will pay to go shop or to eat out around here. There are too many other fantastic restaurants and shops in the area to choose from where I can pay $5 less for dinner, not hand strangers my keys, not worry about what I left in the car while i'm there, etc, etc, etc.

How might this affect the surrounding areas? You know people will park in front of the shops of Watercolor or in the Watercolor and Seagrove (AND Seaside) neighborhoods and walk in to Seaside to avoid valet... I am finding it very hard to believe they are trying this out as an option. I think the employee shuttle is a good solution to help ease parking woes, but cutting down on 'traffic' by charging to park? (And granted, I don't know if the idea is to help traffic issues, or WHAT the purpose of this was) If it's to ease traffic, well, less traffic equals less customers, doesn't it? How does this help the merchants of Seaside? As a local, I will never pay to park in Seaside. I doubt I'm the only one.

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake
You are not alone! You have to wonder who the rocket scientist was that came up with this idea - Sounds like a good opportunity for one of our newly elected commissioners to address this issue? You also have to wonder if "Seaside" is a private community? If so, who would write the ticket if someone parked in a handicapped spot? The Sheriffs Department or does Seaside now have a private police force? WTF over!!

Williams4

Beach Comber
May 10, 2012
Seagrove
We love Seaside. Our girls love playing while we grab a coffee. But, we won't pay to park. Looks like we will be walking or going to Alys for coffee and playtime! I sure hope it's not like this during the off season- it's a lose lose for locals an businesses!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
You are not alone! You have to wonder who the rocket scientist was that came up with this idea - Sounds like a good opportunity for one of our newly elected commissioners to address this issue? You also have to wonder if "Seaside" is a private community? If so, who would write the ticket if someone parked in a handicapped spot? The Sheriffs Department or does Seaside now have a private police force? WTF over!!

I doubt the BCC has any sway in this, as it is a private community. However, the havoc it could cause on 30A would be an interesting argument.

I just heard from a reliable source that this is a test for Labor Day and yard sale day.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
As a local, I can assure you that unless I can find a free convenient parking spot, Seaside Restaurants won't be getting my business. I won't pay for Valet parking in their quest for greed....

shesgottasurf

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2007
Just heard from a Seaside Merchant that an irate customer came in complaining about getting a $150 ticket for parking in Seaside. (Did not hear where she was parked) She said this is the last time they will be coming to the town. Niiiiiiice job, Seaside!

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I doubt the BCC has any sway in this, as it is a private community. However, the havoc it could cause on 30A would be an interesting argument.

I just heard from a reliable source that this is a test for Labor Day and yard sale day.

Because nothing goes with bargain shopping like paid valet parking! Who are they kidding?

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
Just heard from a Seaside Merchant that an irate customer came in complaining about getting a $150 ticket for parking in Seaside. (Did not hear where she was parked) She said this is the last time they will be coming to the town. Niiiiiiice job, Seaside!

They can't possibly enforce that.