• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Daydream Believer

Beach Comber
Aug 4, 2012
Stellablue1, you are obviously a Carlene supporter. I actually like the fact that Ragle is not a politician and that this is not old hat to her as it is to you.

Thrilling

Beach Comber
Aug 24, 2012
Stellablue1, you are obviously a Carlene supporter. I actually like the fact that Ragle is not a politician and that this is not old hat to her as it is to you.

I appreciate your thoughts. It isn't old hat to me, and it wouldn't matter who I supported, I would feel the same way. Now that Ms. Ragle is a politician she will need to follow the campaign guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
It sounds like Carlene Anderson's best friend here may be a little worried about the election. Getting down and inspecting the fine print on a sign, that sounds desperate to find something negative to say. Did you call Carlene and let her know this 30aRosie, or did she call you and tell you to post this groundbreaking revelation ?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
We would expect that a child might not know the rules related to running for a political office, but an adult surely should. Seriously... If someone running for office wants people to vote for them, the very least they can do is follow some very simple campaign rules... It isn't that complicated. I would hate to see this candidate negotiate the complexities of the federal & local mandates imposed upon a district if she's unable to follow a few specific & clear campaign guidelines. The 'child running a lemonade stand' analogy is appreciated, but it doesn't work in this circumstance.

This and 30A(an insult to 30A)Rosie's response are cheap shots. You don't know if it was an error by the printer or some other valid reason. I can assure you one thing. With such utterly vapid posts by supporters rather than telling me what Ms. Anderson has done to help children and parents, you can be assured that this parent with great grandchildren, will be voting not to continue the present administration.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
The Carlene cheerleaders can quit fretting. I just observed a man in a white Chevy Suburban removing Mrs. Ragle's signs. The last three of the tag # was seven Juliet Echo.

Rosemary Ragle

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
Thanks, Andy and Daydream Believer, for giving me the benefit of doubt. I have no excuse.

It was my ignorance for failing to specify the verbiage rather than asking for the customary political disclaimer. I assumed that a company that specializes in products for political campaigns would have included it. (Yes, I know it is dangerous to ASSUME. Surely, this expensive lesson will be indelibly printed in my mind.) I also should not have rushed the order.

We are working diligently to correct my mistake. Thanks to the wonderful gentleman in the white Suburban. Sounds like my knight in shining armor. I'll check his license plate when he gets home.

Rosemary

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I'm amazed that anyone would stop their vehicle to read the fine print on a campaign sign. But for those who do take the time to indulge in such activities and are concerned about obeying laws, I understand that in Miami, it's illegal to give a lighted cigarette to a dog or cat.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
I appreciate Ms. Ragle acknowledging the mistake. This shows leadership and responsibility that is sorely lacking in our current leaders.

As a concerned parent, I have emailed Ms. Anderson multiple times asking for her views on educational issues important to me. To date, I have not received a response from her or anyone in educational leadership in the county. Though new to the county, I am not new to politics. I understand that the best chance to get something (even an email returned) is during an election. After the election, if she wins, I have no doubt she will be missing in action as it relates to responding to parental concerns. I do not know either candidate. I just know our children deserve better than what they are currently getting. If that means Ms. Anderson is willing to raise her game, great. If not, shame on the voters for deciding our children are not important enough to take 20 minutes out of one day every four years to actually vote.