• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
And now that the speed limits are lower through there you will be able to enjoy the scenery longer. Just be careful and look out for the walkers, joggers and cyclists crossing the bridge. Maybe you should join them. It's really enjoyable and now a lot
S-A-F- E-R.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
By the way......

I resemble that statement. :cool: I live here. Drive that stretch all the time. Name's not Jim Bob.

I agree with you, and Kurt, that 30A from Watercolor to Grayton is gorgeous.

Now, is it

View attachment 29601
View attachment 29598
View attachment 29599
View attachment 29600

gorgeous?

Well, that's a matter of personal interpretation.

I love my commute. And, for like 30 seconds each day, I get to see eagles and beaches, and lakes!

It's still a commute. (I'd rather be doing it on 30-A than 98!)

And now that the speed limits are lower through there you will be able to enjoy the scenery longer. Just be careful and look out for the walkers, joggers and cyclists crossing the bridge. Maybe you should join them. It's really enjoyable and now a lot
S-A-F- E-R.

Mr. BeachRob your postings are most entertaining. Very creative.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Walton County fixed the signage sometime today so that the 25mph zone now extends from Watercolor to just past Western Lake where the bike path veers away from the road. Then speed increases to 45mph. New red reflectors across the narrow stretches and some flexible reflector poles are installed. Thanks to whomever at the County has been listening to our feedback on SoWal.com about this situation...

This is good news. I did note the reflectors and lollipops this morning but did not notice a return of 45MPH signs. I'll take your word for it and be all when I see it!!

AirRocker

Beach Lover
Dec 21, 2011
From The Walton Sun on Facebook just a bit ago:

The Walton Sun said:
Walton County issued this little cheat sheet for speed limits on 30A. The only major change is the extension of the existing 25 MPH zone East of the bridges to include both of the vehicular bridges (noted in red). All other posted limits in the area have remained effectively unchanged. Stay tuned to http://www.waltonsun.com/ A story is going up on this in a few minutes!

458451_371825302907019_1410374537_o.jpg

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
The great thing is.......

This is good news. I did note the reflectors and lollipops this morning but did not notice a return of 45MPH signs. I'll take your word for it and be all when I see it!!

....that people are noticing the reflectors and lollipops at this area to remind them to slow down and look out for pedestrian traffic. I believe the County got it exactly right with the speed limits set as indicated above. Gosh, at least it refutes the golfer theorists.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
....that people are noticing the reflectors and lollipops at this area to remind them to slow down and look out for pedestrian traffic. I believe the County got it exactly right with the speed limits set as indicated above. Gosh, at least it refutes the golfer theorists.
The 25 mph speed limit between the west end of Western Lake and Watercolor has nothing to do with golf cart theorists. They are referring to from 83 to Grayton Beach corner. The area at Western Lake has to do, as previously stated, with safety. I believe a large part of the reason for the much desired 25mph speed limit in that area belongs to our newly elected Commissioner, Cindy Meadows.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
You're right Andy A it never was about.....

The 25 mph speed limit between the west end of Western Lake and Watercolor has nothing to do with golf cart theorists. They are referring to from 83 to Grayton Beach corner. The area at Western Lake has to do, as previously stated, with safety. I believe a large part of the reason for the much desired 25mph speed limit in that area belongs to our newly elected Commissioner, Cindy Meadows.

....golfers but there were a lot of posts on this thread that tried to make it that issue. This was all about making for a safer and more enjoyable experience on the bike path for our Guests and Citizens of South Walton.

You are also right that the BCC deserves a loud Thank You for finding a rational solution to this safety issue. It is refreshing to know that our elected officials will listen and find solutions to problems.

For me this is enough on this issue. Addressed and resolved.

Now let's move on to addressing the next big issue.... like keeping golf carts off of 30-A!!!!

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
That is until......

....golfers but there were a lot of posts on this thread that tried to make it that issue. This was all about making for a safer and more enjoyable experience on the bike path for our Guests and Citizens of South Walton.

You are also right that the BCC deserves a loud Thank You for finding a rational solution to this safety issue. It is refreshing to know that our elected officials will listen and find solutions to problems.

For me this is enough on this issue. Addressed and resolved.

Now let's move on to addressing the next big issue.... like keeping golf carts off of 30-A!!!!

..... the permanent pedestrian bridges are built for the Western Lake bike path which would be the end result for the safety issue.

Also, kudos to Commissioner Meadows for her comments at the recent TDC meeting that I just read on the Walton Sun site. One, thanks for being there and thanks for understanding that taking care of the infrastructures must begin to take precedence at this time over stuffing more bodies onto our beaches and roadways. It will be good to know that now some of the TDC funds will be used for the enrichment of the infrastructure.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
..... the permanent pedestrian bridges are built for the Western Lake bike path which would be the end result for the safety issue.

Also, kudos to Commissioner Meadows for her comments at the recent TDC meeting that I just read on the Walton Sun site. One, thanks for being there and thanks for understanding that taking care of the infrastructures must begin to take precedence at this time over stuffing more bodies onto our beaches and roadways. It will be good to know that now some of the TDC funds will be used for the enrichment of the infrastructure.

"Stuffing" Now that is the perfect word for what is happening- trying to stuff more visitors into a space that was too small awhile ago!