• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
I took a long beach walk today and think I took a break on that very same walk over. If not it is a common problem and I thought the very same thing. There was a kayak on each side of the walk over I was sitting on today. And I will also tell you the folks coming to this area the longest and locals alike are the worst offenders. They just think they can do as they please. When we lived on the beach we threw away everything that was left behind overnight on the beach and this was several years ago. We maintained a turtle friendly beach and had a sign posted so it should not have been a surprise to those who had no chairs the next day. It gave us great pleasure to pitch stuff late at night. One family actually purchased lounges three times before they caught on!!! We laughed every time we saw them with brand new lounges with the tags still attached.

2 wrongs don't make a right. What you do is illegal and immoral.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
It is clearly posted that any items left on the beach overnight will be thrown away.

I don't care who enforces the rules, as long as they are enforced.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I have lived here for a long, long time and walk our beach year round. That sign you mention above was posted five years ago and they DO NOT always pick up things left on the beach overnight. You will see those signs at most walkovers and it also says, "no exceptions" which is a real joke. Our tourists have been reading those signs for that long and know our county is NOT consistent in enforcing anything!!! That's way they ignore our signs. End of story.

Last edited:

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
2 wrongs don't make a right. What you do is illegal and immoral.

If you are referring to our practice of keeping a turtle friendly beach illegal and immoral in front of our condo., you are wrong. Our deed stated we owned the property to the Gulf of Mexico with no mention of a mean high water line. It was our property plain and simple and we had signs posted about not leaving things behind on our beach. Please get this right, our beach was NOT private and we welcomed everyone but we insisted they left our beach the way they found it - CLEAN and FREE of all debris! We were within our legal right to do so.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is time for the Supreme Court of Florida to step up and declare all beaches in Florida, as they are in California, public domain. And yes, I live on a so called "private" beach.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
It is time for the Supreme Court of Florida to step up and declare all beaches in Florida, as they are in California, public domain. And yes, I live on a so called "private" beach.

Are you saying by declaring beaches in Florida public domain we are to ignore the genuine needs of the nesting turtles? We are to let the public take over to dig massive holes and leave items on the beach to prevent momma turtles from nesting only to have them return to the Gulf and spill out her eggs in the water? Is that really what you are saying? I made it clear we did not treat our beach as if it was private but we expected folks to leave it the same way they found it. You really think that's too much to ask? I don't really understand your reasoning so could you explain your comment, please?