• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Now that I've sold my place in Seagrove Beach, I don't give a rat's rear end what they do down there. I no longer have any reason to go there. There are plenty of beaches in NW Florida that are easier to access.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Now that I've sold my place in Seagrove Beach, I don't give a rat's rear end what they do down there. I no longer have any reason to go there. There are plenty of beaches in NW Florida that are easier to access.

Great attitude,nettles...if you don't give a shoot , why don't you stop posting on Sowal? Some of us live here full time , and these issues affect us every day of our lives. Good bye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
From a neighbor:

Notice of Public Access #25 Abandonment
Please attend the Planning board hearing on February 13, 2014 mat 5 PM to voice your opposition to abandoning this Public Beach access point for the benefit of the two adjacent homeowner's. This is a neighborhood beach access point.

access.jpg

CM

Beach Comber
Mar 31, 2007
Traffic Control at Intersection of 395 and 30A

The Sheriff's Office has studied this issue in depth and developed the following recommendations:

Peak times are 10:00 am – 2:00 pm and again from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm on Saturdays (check-in/check-out). We recommend staffing this as an off-duty detail paying $25.00 per hour (this way it will not detract needed manpower from the road during Spring Break). This detail would run every Saturday beginning March 1 and ending April 26, 2014 ( 9 days at $200 = $1,800.00).

We recommend staffing the following holidays in addition to the Saturdays mentioned above – Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day (3 days at $200 = $600.00).

Deputies would be treated as contract employees and paid directly by the county.

- From Cindy Meadows Office

Glambo

Beach Comber
May 2, 2013
Sadly, for homeowners, if traffic improvements are approved, it is called "eminent domain".

Glambo

Beach Comber
May 2, 2013
The state, county and whomever else funda the project would buy the portion of real estate affected for fair market value to improve the intersection. "Eminent domain".

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
A good time to start this project would be about a week or 2 from now after back to school traffic settles down.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Update

CR395/Co Hwy 30A Intersection Improvement - This project is currently in the engineering and design stage and will provide a fully signalized intersection with additional turn lanes and drainage improvements. The design work will be completed late summer with utility relocations scheduled after Labor Day 2016. Construction of this intersection improvement project is currently scheduled to begin after Labor Day 2017. Funding for this project has been provided by the Walton County Board of County Commissioners.