• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

vincymull

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2014
best pizza in the world! great food all around. I wish they had a larger beer selection and I'd be there more often! I've been eating thers since I was about 10 (I'm over 50 now!)

Visited June 2012

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
I'd like to share an awesome experience I had with Bruno's Pizza a while back. Six years ago, when my son was playing basketball at South Walton, I was in charge of the concession stand. We decided to ask local pizza businesses if we could buy pizzas at cost, with the idea that we would sell slices of pizza at the home games (to make some $ for the team). We went to a couple of places, but had no luck. I thought I would check to see if Bruno's might do that for us. When I approached the owner, whom I had never met before, he replied "How many pizzas do you need?" I told him maybe 8-10 pizzas for that game. He said "I'll do you one better. I'll make the pizzas and donate them to your concession stand. No charge." I was flabbergasted. Not only did he make pizzas for that game, he made pizzas for us all season! We did our best to let everyone know that Bruno's Pizza had supplied the pizza, and it was a big hit with all the high school students and fans. Thank you again, Jeff, for your generosity and support of our local kids. :thanks:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
The owner of Bruno's continues to support the high school. We asked for a couple of gift cards to give to seniors as part of their graduation celebration. We were hoping for $15 certificates and when asked he immediately gave us several substantially higher dollar gift cards. It was the easiest donation ever. Besides, you have to love their $5 ladies day buffet!

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Maybe we should change the title of this thread? I know that Bruno's did right by this with the original poster and that all subsequent posts have been positive, but every time somebody adds a post to the thread "Bruno's Pizza Bad Attitude" pops up on the main forum screen. It's a needless red flag on an establishment that is a great part of the community. Can't we make that go away?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
maybe we should change the title of this thread? I know that bruno's did right by this with the original poster and that all subsequent posts have been positive, but every time somebody adds a post to the thread "bruno's pizza bad attitude" pops up on the main forum screen. It's a needless red flag on an establishment that is a great part of the community. Can't we make that go away?
yes :kurt:

Maybe we should change the title of this thread? I know that Bruno's did right by this with the original poster and that all subsequent posts have been positive, but every time somebody adds a post to the thread "Bruno's Pizza Bad Attitude" pops up on the main forum screen. It's a needless red flag on an establishment that is a great part of the community. Can't we make that go away?
I totally agree.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

maybe the title should be changed....

what should it be?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Or even delete the thread seeing how the current posts have little to no relevance to the original direction of the thread?

It just looks bad to keep seeing it as the lead thread in the Dining and Food Forum...