• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Today is the first day of early voting. I will be at the South Walton Annex this morning to cast my vote. My vote cannot be taken away if it is for a position that shouldn't be voted for in the first place. If you would like to know who I am voting for and why, just ask me. While voting is a private matter sometimes it is alright to put it out in the open if an individual so desires. I don't mind at all. After all, I have been shot at, literally, many times, so a little flak here doesn't matter.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
They forget that Roberts opponent has an extensive criminal history...

Please expound on that.

Eddins may have some traffic infractions and some very shady business associates/friends and may have been influential in getting his DUI buddy off (the one who took the 60 foot plunge into the bay) but that doesn't make him a criminal. It does make him a shady individual with a very influential "daddy" and some undesirable friends/associates.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I also noticed that a prominent member of the "YES" group has given to Mr Eddins, but at the same time a Charter School proponent has given to Mr Catalano and Mrs. Jones and I think he is a WCTA board member. Saying that to say this, everyone has their own reasons to support who they want to support.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Great first weekend of early voting! We worked the South Walton annex, and I have to say it was fun. Thanks to all the friends, neighbors, strangers, parents of kids in our local schools, teachers, veterans, grandparents, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, small business owners, liberals, conservatives, RINOS, and DINOS for coming out for the YES vote- we certainly take the prize for a real bipartisan effort that is also being supported by all different groups in our community!

Your vote counts on several levels. Let's keep up the positive momentum.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Financing political candidates and the school superintendent referendum initiative

Friends:

Early voting is open this week so please get out there and cast your vote for your candidates and causes. Of course I urge you to vote YES on the referendum on the school superintendent issue.

Campaigns do cost money and reports are required of all candidates and Political Action Committees. You can view all of the reports online at:

http://www.voterfocus.com/ws/WScandnew/candidate_pr.php?c=walton

In the case of PAC’s involved with the superintendent referendum you will see the WINGS support is coming primarily from Mom’s and Pops and the Walton County Taxpayer Association which are all grass roots citizens and volunteer community based for the people. From the outset this movement has been totally about education of the children and the best possible qualified leadership.

In the case of negative support on the issue it’s coming totally from the same business organization that last November tried to get a “Blue Ribbon Committee appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, which would be under their control. This organization is all about politics and has absolutely nothing to do with the welfare and education of the children. Their interest is power and control of development issues, not education of Walton County children.

Here are the links to these financial reports.

Walton Initiative for Greater Students

http://www.voterfocus.com/ws/WScand...v&e=15&c=walton&ca=297&rellevel=4&committee=Y
U
Walton County Small Business Political Action Committee

http://www.voterfocus.com/ws/WScand...v&e=15&c=walton&ca=334&rellevel=4&committee=Y

Please feel free to share this information with your voting friends.

J. B. Hillard
DeFuniak Springs, FL

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
"NO" supporters, I'm still waiting!!! Please give me one VALID REASON to vote no on the superintendent referendum.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
"NO" supporters, I'm still waiting!!! Please give me one VALID REASON to vote no on the superintendent referendum.

You said you voted 2 days ago Andy! How many folks from the North end drove all the way to the South end to ask you personally why you voted the way you did? None?

Do you just like to read your own type?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Multiple NSF Check Arrests, Three DUI's and a mystery Aggravated Assualt charge missing lots of paperwork...

Someone needs to look "closely" at Eddins teaching certificates as well.