• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
For some reason the owner, FLP DUNE ALLEN LLC , is not on Sunbiz.org.

The Lubbock mailing address is the same as the address for the Crofoot Ranches, owned by Jay Crofoot.

As a local, I really resent these Texas carpetbaggers.

ReginaR

Beach Comber
Just one more reason to look forward to returning to my Dune Allen home in two weeks. I usually walk the beach towards Gulf Place for my morning coffee but will make a point to stroll west so I can walk the beach behind this house twice daily. Like most owners I will carry a sack and pick up occasional litter. I am amazed the owners are complaining. It is such a quiet end of the beach.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Do we really want to be like California?

In this one case, yes. I surmise that the only reason deeds show the beach as "private" is because so very bright realtor in the past saw fit to declare it so when trying to sell beachfront property. Many of us believe that there are certain rights available to the public and one of those rights is access and use of our natural habitat. The beaches are among those natural wonders, IMO. The only requirement is that people be respectful and leave the beach as they found it. I find that about 95% of our visitors do just that. You cannot plant anything, build anything or use it for anything except recreation and pleasure and yet "private" beach owners deny any usage. I say all this as a "private" beach owner who understands the natural usage of the beach.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
For some reason the owner, FLP DUNE ALLEN LLC , is not on Sunbiz.org.

The Lubbock mailing address is the same as the address for the Crofoot Ranches, owned by Jay Crofoot.

As a local, I really resent these Texas carpetbaggers.

Yes, those pesky homeownership laws, being able to buy property basically wherever you want..except for Alys Beach. I don't see it as Texans, I see it as idiot butthole and there are plenty of those, local, Alabama, Georgia. Butthole is equal opportunity.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Wow, lots of hostility towards a homeowner, that took it upon themselves to protect their private property from intrusion. Took it so far as to lawfully challenge the county when they told them they could not have the fences.

Looks like the high court has ruled in favor of this on this occasion.

If you don't like what he's done, go sit on his beach with a sign and protest it. Hopefully he'll call the cops and have you removed.

Why is it so hard for people to respect peoples private property? There seems to be a sense of entitlement here that the beach is owned by everyone. If you have a deed and a survey that shows you own something, than you own it. The public owns the Public Beach, that's obvious (now enter the vendors making demands)...

As for the mean high tide line argument, that is an average over 20 years. Right now it sits somewhere out in the water.

For all those that will post against my opinion, let's all remember that we never had these issues in the past, oh about 6 years ago is when this all started. Look to three little letters to point fingers at = T D C.

Yet, they keep advertising (Big $$$) to attract more people to come here and we can't even solve the problems we have from two years ago.

We have no where for them to park, not enough public beach, not enough enforcement, the list goes on. Yet, they will continue to come, start to see the changes, vacation elsewhere and we will be left with what Front Beach Road on the West End looks like (abandoned buildings, vacant store fronts, unkept homes).

Welcome to Paradise (lost).

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Do you have a current topo survey showing the MHWL being in the Gulf? Feel free to post it. Because if thats the case.. the state of Florida STILL owns it because all submerged lands are owned by the State.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'll be walking through his and his neighbor's properties today, as I do twice a week when the weather is warm and it's not raining.

Even though I disagree with their interpretation of the beach all the way to the Gulf being private, out of respect, I usually stay close to the surf on my walks. In this case, I'll walk a bit further north because last time I went there was a pole in the way.

Hopefully there will not be any beach emergencies between Fort Panic Road and Topsail State Park, as he has essentially blocked that area from emergency services. I cannot picture the beach patrol carrying the jetski down the steps at the Stallworth access to go save somebody.

And heaven help the poor turtle that picks that spot to come ashore and build her nest.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
This guy is a jackass! I'd like to see him try that in California, or on the beaches of Michigan.

Mr. Muscle:

Name calling is not appropriate on this site...

Before you give your opinion, try to educate yourself a bit on what's going on with all the beach property rights issues. Apparently a judge said he could do this so why is this guy a jacka&%? He is doing what he is allowed to do.

This is not California. Michigan has a beach???

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

This is not California. Michigan has a beach???

With over 3100 miles of shoreline (about 1000 more than Florida)
I am pretty sure there are a few beaches there...

Last edited: