• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MTB

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
I'm building a beach cottage in Santa Rosa Beach. I just wanted to say if someone or someone you know owns a lot and needs a builder recommendation please get in touch with me. Knowledgeable, detail oriented and hands on everyday! Beach houses, cottages and carriage houses....

MTB

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
My name is Mary. Contact me at 850-387-5116. I am the home owner and will put anyone who is interested in touch with the man building my cottage.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
There are ALOT of great builders in this area that have been building here for decades. Most dont need the homeowner posting for them. Their work speaks for itself. Or the architect....

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
This thread's title was misleading. Maybe it should read "May I Recommend a Great Builder?"

MTB

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
WOW...you people are mean spirited! Just giving a positive recommendation for a reliable, knowledgeable, outstanding person. This SoWal site used to be a good forum for nice folks!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I'm building a beach cottage in Santa Rosa Beach. I just wanted to say if someone or someone you know owns a lot and needs a builder recommendation please get in touch with me. Knowledgeable, detail oriented and hands on everyday! Beach houses, cottages and carriage houses....

Hi Mary - I appreciate you sharing - why not post the builder's info here on this forum? Maybe there is a reason?

What's your name? What is the name of your business? Do you have a website?

Mary - I think Julie posted this because she read your post as "I am the builder". I'll bet she was trying to help.

There are ALOT of great builders in this area that have been building here for decades. Most dont need the homeowner posting for them. Their work speaks for itself. Or the architect....

Ridiculous post. Not only is sharing encouraged on our community forum it is appreciated. Word of mouth and personal recommendations are the best way to get business and a really nice thing to do!

This thread's title was misleading. Maybe it should read "May I Recommend a Great Builder?"

My fault - I looked at the preview of the thread and thought it was someone looking for a builder. I changed it from "Great Builder" to "Great Builder Wanted". I just changed it to "I Know a Great Builder". Many titles on the forum are not descriptive enough so sometimes they are edited. Contents of a post are never edited by the way.

Mary - I think Happy Camper was trying to help.

And who is the Great Builder?

Fair question.

WOW...you people are mean spirited! Just giving a positive recommendation for a reliable, knowledgeable, outstanding person. This SoWal site used to be a good forum for nice folks!

Mary - I'm sorry you feel that way. Eleven years of this forum has proven that people who post here are no different than the people we meet on the street - mean, nice, crazy, funny, helpful, etc.....

Any reason you can't post more info about your great builder?

Last edited:

MTB

Beach Lover
May 24, 2011
My "great builder" is busy building and asked me to not post his contact information. He was not even familiar with the SoWal forum. I told him I would be happy to post and take any inquiries. Just doing a favor for a worthy hard working person

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Sorry if my post came across as mean spirited. I was just stating that ALOT of builders call this area home and I personally know many of them. I never see them advertising on ANY forum. I am glad you have found one of them and think its great that you want to pass that on. But if he has asked that you not post anything about him ,it may be that he is too busy for increased business. But I am curious about the fact he has never heard of SOWAL..... its the GOTO site for just about everything around here.

Last edited: