I Know A Great Home Builder

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by MTB, Jun 11, 2015.

1. MTB

MTB Beach Lover

I'm building a beach cottage in Santa Rosa Beach. I just wanted to say if someone or someone you know owns a lot and needs a builder recommendation please get in touch with me. Knowledgeable, detail oriented and hands on everyday! Beach houses, cottages and carriage houses....

2. EmeraldCoastEstates

EmeraldCoastEstates Beach Fanatic

What's your name? What is the name of your business? Do you have a website?

3. MTB

MTB Beach Lover

My name is Mary. Contact me at 850-387-5116. I am the home owner and will put anyone who is interested in touch with the man building my cottage.

4. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

There are ALOT of great builders in this area that have been building here for decades. Most dont need the homeowner posting for them. Their work speaks for itself. Or the architect....

5. seal

seal Beach Lover

This thread's title was misleading. Maybe it should read "May I Recommend a Great Builder?"

6. Snowbean

Snowbean Beach Comber

And who is the Great Builder?

7. MTB

MTB Beach Lover

WOW...you people are mean spirited! Just giving a positive recommendation for a reliable, knowledgeable, outstanding person. This SoWal site used to be a good forum for nice folks!

8. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Hi Mary - I appreciate you sharing - why not post the builder's info here on this forum? Maybe there is a reason?

Mary - I think Julie posted this because she read your post as "I am the builder". I'll bet she was trying to help.

Ridiculous post. Not only is sharing encouraged on our community forum it is appreciated. Word of mouth and personal recommendations are the best way to get business and a really nice thing to do!

My fault - I looked at the preview of the thread and thought it was someone looking for a builder. I changed it from "Great Builder" to "Great Builder Wanted". I just changed it to "I Know a Great Builder". Many titles on the forum are not descriptive enough so sometimes they are edited. Contents of a post are never edited by the way.

Mary - I think Happy Camper was trying to help.

Fair question.

Mary - I'm sorry you feel that way. Eleven years of this forum has proven that people who post here are no different than the people we meet on the street - mean, nice, crazy, funny, helpful, etc.....

Any reason you can't post more info about your great builder?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  9. MTB

MTB Beach Lover

My "great builder" is busy building and asked me to not post his contact information. He was not even familiar with the SoWal forum. I told him I would be happy to post and take any inquiries. Just doing a favor for a worthy hard working person

10. jodiFL

jodiFL Beach Fanatic

Sorry if my post came across as mean spirited. I was just stating that ALOT of builders call this area home and I personally know many of them. I never see them advertising on ANY forum. I am glad you have found one of them and think its great that you want to pass that on. But if he has asked that you not post anything about him ,it may be that he is too busy for increased business. But I am curious about the fact he has never heard of SOWAL..... its the GOTO site for just about everything around here.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015