• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
What an embarrassment. My father fought in World War II for the United States, not a bunch of yahoos flying rebel flags hollering states right. What an embarrassment.

That juxtaposition is a real stretch.

VoiceOfReason

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2015
What an embarrassment. My father fought in World War II for the United States, not a bunch of yahoos flying rebel flags hollering states right. What an embarrassment.

So I guess he didn't fight for the Constitution because the founding fathers intended that to support state rights

Independent Thinker

Beach Lover
Aug 21, 2012
Santa Rosa Beach
This thread will be a never ending argument, those who are for it will not change, those of us who are against it will not change ( I hope). So this will be my last post on this topic. Some of you may like it, and some of you may not.
Confederate-Flag-Design.jpg
Ya'll have a good weekend.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
11737945_656646331132375_2943936238639653491_n.jpg

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Rather pathetic to cling to a dream of white supremacy, after 150 years have past since the issue was settled by the death of 640,000 Americans.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Sinclair Lewis said "When fascism comes to america, it will appear as a cross wrapped in a flag". He must have been aware that it had already appeared as a cross that was a flag.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
We are not trying to change your beliefs, but when you insist on flying a symbol of your beliefs over government property, it certainly makes the whole country think our County Government supports your beliefs. And we are not proud of that.

The beauty of it is, NO ONE asked you to be proud of anything!!! What they asked for was, to RESPECT what their history and heritage means to them but arrogance won't allow that either.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Rather pathetic to cling to a dream of white supremacy, after 150 years have past since the issue was settled by the death of 640,000 Americans.

Self righteous indignation is ugly too.

Cuff

Beach Lover
Feb 3, 2013
Today Virginia banned the confederate flag from license plates and government property. Wonder why?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Today Virginia banned the confederate flag from license plates and government property. Wonder why?

Actually that started after the S.C. shootings. The Governor would not have had the authority to do so if not for a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in a Texas case from June of 2015 which ruled that the State had the right to decide whether or not to issue a Confederate flag license plate.

You wonder why? Ha! It's called State Rights! Under the Constitution, States have considerable autonomy to pass, enforce and interpret their own laws and to pursue their own public policy programs.

I don't know that the Confederate flag actually flew on government property in Richmond (the State Capital) but there is a movement afoot to remove Confederate memorials and monuments...something most States are remiss to do because those monuments and memorials are PART of U.S. history regardless of how divisive/racist people want to believe they are.

Fourteen years ago (2001) Jeb Bush removed the Confederate flag from the State Capital with far less fanfare than we are seeing today and made no mention of the rights of individual counties in Fl. to decide whether or not it flew on government property. Walton County does not need Ethnic Cleansing albeit some of you have clearly stated otherwise!

Last edited: