• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I'll tell you what's pathetic! It is the fact that some are so racist that they can't understand the difference between the top of the courthouse and a memorial to fallen soldies who fought for a cause they believed in. Yes, I said racist. I think the real ones spouting about racism are far more so than those who really understand what this is all about. It is not about a flag, it is about respect and heritage and I am amazed that some do not understand this. But then, as a Viet Nam veteran, who did as his government demanded, whether he believed in the cause or not, I shouldn't be surprised that a bunch of those who condoned spitting on returning service men should have such an attitude and misunderstanding. This is the last I say on this subject. A decision was made. It was perfectly just. Some can't accept it. Are those sentences short enough for even the uneducated to understand?

Last edited:

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I'll tell you what's pathetic! It is the fact that some are so racist that they can't understand the difference between the top of the courthouse and a memorial to fallen soldies who fought for a cause they believed in. Yes, I said racist. I think the real ones spouting about racism are far more so than those who really understand what this is all about. It is not about a flag, it is about respect and heritage and I am amazed that some do not understand this. But then, as a Viet Nam veteran, who did as his government demanded, whether he believed in the cause or not, I shouldn't be surprised that a bunch of those who condoned spitting on returning service men should have such an attitude and misunderstanding. This is the last I say on this subject. A decision was made. It was perfectly just. Some can't accept it. Are soldiers those sentences short enough for even the uneducated to understand?

You fight for the morally bankrupt side, you get killed, justice is served. No sorrow, no remorse, no regrets, and above all, no public honor for the fallen. If the families want to fawn over great great great great grand daddy's buried bones, then that is their prerogative.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Morally bankrupt? ROFLMAO! Do you know or even care how stupid that sounds?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Morally bankrupt? ROFLMAO! Do you know or even care how stupid that sounds?

You mean those fighting to preserve slavery weren't morally bankrupt? You mean the discriminatory practices they carried out for the next 100 years such as Jim Crow laws and voting restrctions weren't morally bankrupt? Maybe not on your planet. I'm sure a few people in North Wacko County would be in agreement.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I'll tell you what's pathetic! It is the fact that some are so racist that they can't understand the difference between the top of the courthouse and a memorial to fallen soldies who fought for a cause they believed in. Yes, I said racist. I think the real ones spouting about racism are far more so than those who really understand what this is all about. It is not about a flag, it is about respect and heritage and I am amazed that some do not understand this. But then, as a Viet Nam veteran, who did as his government demanded, whether he believed in the cause or not, I shouldn't be surprised that a bunch of those who condoned spitting on returning service men should have such an attitude and misunderstanding. This is the last I say on this subject. A decision was made. It was perfectly just. Some can't accept it. Are those sentences short enough for even the uneducated to understand?
Andy, you got it right. When you become a liberal elitist you simply believe that you are a superior humans. They really believe that ALL things revolve around their existence and if you do not agree with them then you must be ignorant, backwards and immoral. They have no tolerance or ability to compromise. Instead of listening to another view they react with pure hatred. Their hatred comes from fear. I think they fear conservative ideals and have simply hijacked the Confederate Flag as a platform to make their hate speeches. I thought that I could find common ground but soon realized they are emotionally cancerous and there is probably no cure. Probably better to pray for a miracle than to try and reason with the no-name group. They are hiding for a reason, kinda like a cancer...

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
Andy, you got it right. When you become a liberal elitist you simply believe that you are a superior humans. They really believe that ALL things revolve around their existence and if you do not agree with them then you must be ignorant, backwards and immoral. They have no tolerance or ability to compromise. Instead of listening to another view they react with pure hatred. Their hatred comes from fear. I think they fear conservative ideals and have simply hijacked the Confederate Flag as a platform to make their hate speeches. I thought that I could find common ground but soon realized they are emotionally cancerous and there is probably no cure. Probably better to pray for a miracle than to try and reason with the no-name group. They are hiding for a reason, kinda like a cancer...

The only thing that gives me a sense of superiority is when I read one of your disjointed rants.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I picked the perfect time to watch the last Daily Show- read the last couple of comments while soaking up some "liberal elitism". Not sure what the conservatives who support removing the flag were watching. #thisisnotaliberalthing

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
That's the part that stands out about mputnal's conspiracy theory. It's got little to do with where one stands on the political spectrum.