• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Danny, a very good succinct analysis of what goes on in Walton County. We in the South do not need stronger government, we need better directed government.

that's the same thing, in my opinion. A government with excellent leadership for good planning, oversight and direction.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Teresa, I beg to differ. I have lived and seen "strong" governments that were anything but good. May I give you Nazi Germany as an example. I do not think a "strong" government necessarily has excellent leadership.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Teresa, I beg to differ. I have lived and seen "strong" governments that were anything but good. May I give you Nazi Germany as an example. I do not think a "strong" government necessarily has excellent leadership.

maybe I chose the wrong word? By strong I mean effective. Well organized, good leadership, planning for the future with outstanding representation locally.

“The Men who oppose a strong & energetic government are, in my opinion, narrow minded politicians…”

-George Washington, letter to Alexander Hamilton, July 10, 1787

a strong and energetic government can certainly apply to a great nation or a terrible one. I believe we all know what George means though.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
There is no such thing as "well organized, good leadership, planning for the future with outstanding representation locally" in modern day politics. You might start out that way with an unique individual but soon enough politics (divisive two party system) will manipulate and dictate and derail all those things. George Washington believed that the two party system would be too divisive and wow if he only knew what it has turned into.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
never freaking mind. :razz: <---- that's Jfunn. Take it up with her.

How mature of you Teresa...not. You said you were going to ignore him and just proved you didn't.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I think Mike Jones has a solution. Maybe Mike will start a petition but he better put it on the correct thread! Before I am banned will someone please tell me who Jfunn is because she looks scary :)

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I think Jim Bagby did a good job. That said, now is a perfect time to totally re-vamp the TDC. It is definitely time to do so.