• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
A federal judge has ruled that the Walton County "White Sand Ordinance" applies to the beach Renourishment project and that the sand from the borrow pit proposed for the source does NOT meet the White Sand Ordinance standards.

The ruling is below.

Attachments

• Court Order.PDF
    130.9 KB · Views: 144

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Well what do you know, you mean Walton County actually has to follow it's own rules that it has lawfully adopted? Say it ain't so, they don't do business that way.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
If I understood this correctly, the sand from the borrow could not be placed on the Plaintiffs property, it doesn't say anything about the rest of the beach.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Nothing unique about the plaintiffs property. It woul appear that any property owner could seek the same prohibition.

I agree...but that could get costly and the County already knows they can't win another one...but what ya wanna bet they will try? It's only taxpayer money.

And there goes the snow white public beaches...the tourists will follow. I do agree we need to re-nourish public beaches but the County needs to follow its own LDC.

Last edited:

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Can't let $250Milly of FED money not get passed around in paper bags, it's not their money! Plus, how much more they can skim off when the Big One comes and inevitably washes it all away it a day in a half. Way too much $$$ at stake, no Mob Org. could resist it.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I agree...but that could get costly and the County already knows they can't win another one...but what ya wanna bet they will try? It's only taxpayer money.

And there goes the snow white public beaches...the tourists will follow. I do agree we need to re-nourish public beaches but the County needs to follow its own LDC.

That's ridiculous. While our white sand is a treasure, but people would still come here if it was darker. The western Walton beach project shows that it can be done without compromising sand quality. The problem is the 2nd or 3rd dredging down the road would likely be not as white, and less fine. Just look at Panama City Beach. They've done it a few times and it is now nothing near as nice as our sand. Although some say their sand will become our sand because of the western flow of water and sand down the coast.