• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
cor·rupt
kəˈrəpt/

adjective
  1. 1.
    having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.
    "unscrupulous logging companies assisted by corrupt officials"
    synonyms: dishonest, unscrupulous, dishonorable, unprincipled, unethical,amoral, untrustworthy, venal, underhanded, double-dealing, fraudulent, bribable, criminal, illegal, unlawful, nefarious; More

2. 2.
    (of a text or a computer database or program) made unreliable by errors or alterations.
verb
  1. 1.
    cause to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.
    "there is a continuing fear of firms corrupting politicians in the search for contracts"

2. 2.
    change or debase by making errors or unintentional alterations.
    "Epicurus's teachings have since been much corrupted"
    synonyms: alter, tamper with, interfere with, bastardize, debase, adulterate
    "the apostolic writings had been corrupted"

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Vacationed here all your life? Wow! Impressive! Have you ever actually lived here and participated in local government? If not....from this "redneck" living north of the bay, I'd say, you don't have a dog in this fight. Enjoy your vacation!!
My parents live in Walton county and until recently also owned a home on 30A. I still visit them regularly. I also suspect that some of the more vocal zealots who post on this forum aren't full time residents either so I suppose it's a matter of opinion who has a dog in the fight. But I really appreciate you pointing out that I'm one of those who is no longer welcome. I did manage to earn a college degree, however so I'm a reasonably well educated redneck.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
John G, either grow up and realize not all Walton County residents have your opinion of our local government or move to some place closer to your liking. Your attitude regarding our county is a pain to some of us and without any merit. You are right about one thing. Most who post here are educated and knowlegeable and definitely don't need you to tell us the meaning of "corrupt".

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
My parents live in Walton county and until recently also owned a home on 30A. I still visit them regularly. I also suspect that some of the more vocal zealots who post on this forum aren't full time residents either so I suppose it's a matter of opinion who has a dog in the fight. But I really appreciate you pointing out that I'm one of those who is no longer welcome. I did manage to earn a college degree, however so I'm a reasonably well educated redneck.

I am certifiably a full time resident. I never said you weren't welcome in fact, I said just the opposite. I did say enjoy your vacation. I just think the majority of your comments about people who actually live and post here are cynical at best particularly since you don't live, work or vote here. None of this has anything to do with you.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
As I continue to point out, the voters in the North did not cause this problem but we are sure paying for it. Now that the "volunteer" boards have been adjusted, the common citizen has almost no representation. North or South common citizen. Someone needs to be on these boards who will ask hard questions and enforce the law.

Danny I appreciate your openness to speak out online as a former candidate and someone who is known and respected in the county. But ask yourself have you or any of the concerned citizens from the North came to a BCC meeting and spoke out publicly against some of these shenanigans and stood at the podium. Or do you see what the few (mostly from the south) who have spoke at the podium about their dis-pleasures have suffered. Even numerous county employee's have been axe'd for not going along to get along. Until it's brought to the podium, it's really just venting online. Those who don't demand better government will surely never have it. I guess I'm guilty too. Remember it's our right to speak out and it's most effective when done at a public meeting not online. Also remember the constitution wasn't written to empower the government, rather it was written to empower the people with rights and protect them from their own government. I also think we all strive for Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and if you're an american you believe everyone deserves it. In Walton county SOMETIMES the rules only apply to the connected or anointed and there-in lies the problem. I don't mind having rules, I mind they are not the same for everyone.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Oh Andy... While not all share my opine on the County, more and more are now pondering the idea. The events of 2015 have only strengthened that.

You believe what you want and I'll do the same on my end.

We'll see who's right and who's wrong in the future.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
As I continue to point out, the voters in the North did not cause this problem but we are sure paying for it. Now that the "volunteer" boards have been adjusted, the common citizen has almost no representation. North or South common citizen. Someone needs to be on these boards who will ask hard questions and enforce the law.
Is there a D.Trump relative around to ask the tough questions ?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Danny I appreciate your openness to speak out online as a former candidate and someone who is known and respected in the county. But ask yourself have you or any of the concerned citizens from the North came to a BCC meeting and spoke out publicly against some of these shenanigans and stood at the podium. Or do you see what the few (mostly from the south) who have spoke at the podium about their dis-pleasures have suffered. Even numerous county employee's have been axe'd for not going along to get along. Until it's brought to the podium, it's really just venting online. Those who don't demand better government will surely never have it. I guess I'm guilty too. Remember it's our right to speak out and it's most effective when done at a public meeting not online. Also remember the constitution wasn't written to empower the government, rather it was written to empower the people with rights and protect them from their own government. I also think we all strive for Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and if you're an american you believe everyone deserves it. In Walton county SOMETIMES the rules only apply to the connected or anointed and there-in lies the problem. I don't mind having rules, I mind they are not the same for everyone.

Patriot Games,

Back in the day when Danny still worked for the Sheriff's Department from McMillan forward, I was his worst critic. I hated that Quinn could openly defy the law while his Deputies remained mute and turned the other cheek because they needed a paycheck. It still galls me to this day that there are still those drawing a paycheck from County Government that do the same. If I was ever put in the position of drawing a paycheck and telling the truth my family would starve to death but that's me. I don't expect that others would do the same and I want to say I understand but the reality is I don't. I think truth is the only real moral fiber anyone ever has. Once it's compromised it will always be tainted.

With that said and in Danny's defense, he has done an 80 degree turn (can't say 100%) in what he will say publicly and his actions today are not what they would have been 20 years ago. He is involved and he does speak out (probably cost him his bid as a County Commissioner) and he does want to see change that is good for all of us and not just some of us. I still don't agree with him on every issue and he knows how I feel about his past but I have found common ground which in all fairness even I didn't think existed. Danny could have been appointed to any number of those boards but today because he asks tough questions and speaks out when he disagrees he probably couldn't even get appointed..

C. Jones got just exactly what she wanted on those boards....someone to do her bidding, someone that will go along to get along. Stay tuned...the damage that can be done will be done with C. Jones and she has the SA and the political clout to set this county back 20 years!

Last edited:

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Patriot Games, I have been to the podium and I have put my name on the ballot as well as talking and writing to various commissioners. I have no problem standing for what I believe or saying what I think. But I also work not to make politics personal or hold ill will towards anyone because we disagree on an issue. In politics today's enemy is often tomorrow's ally and vice versa. My goal has always been to have a minimum of rules, for those rules to be clearly written and fairly enforced. I do not like feel good ordinances that are unenforceable and I do not like the rules to apply to individuals differently. I believe if something is a rule it should be enforced baring a clear, precise public need for a variance. And I do not like kicking problems down the road.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Look Danny I'm not saying you don't do more than 95% of citizens already do. But I would say you are still little known in the South end by your vote tally's. I am guilty of rarely watching the Defuniak BCC meeting online, but I always watch the southern one because that's where the deals are done and the rubber meets the road often. But the simple fact is you need more exposure in the south and that's where you need to be speaking out at. I think you are a good viable candidate for your District and I personally would vote for you now. More groups down here need to know what your all about, I believe you truly understand what has to change in local government and understand that no private organizations should have control of government other than the people and their elected representatives. You've admittedly seen it done the wrong way and acknowledged that was wrong, I believe that knowledge and experience is the very thing needed to change it. People who don't acknowledge and respect history are doomed to repeat it. Don't believe me, watch when Scott Brannon runs for office again. Please stay passionate long enough to go do something about it again at the next election in two years. If you start now you can make it or you'll make Jones so nervous that even she will do the right thing, sometimes peer pressure is a good thing when it comes to enforcing standards.