• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Graytonbeachguy: Trickling is a drip....this has been public knowledge since mid December..FYI love a good conspiracy.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Mega Churches are nothing more than glorified cults.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
The vet should inform DWC that she prayed on it and God told her he doesn't want her to move.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Mega Churches are nothing more than glorified cults.
I agree 110%.

We have some political folks that are members of such institutions.

Jones and Catalano are knee deep in Christian International. There was even an audio recording of R. Skipper circulated a few years ago receiving the "word". She's our tax collected and hubby Jeff is Chapmans #1 guy!

C. Anderson had her moment at Destiny about two years ago blessing everyone.

Now Destiny is looking to kick out a vet. Nice....

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I don't really care about what people profess their religious affiliation to be or how much of their personal belongings (land, money etc.) they tithe to such organizations. To each his own.

What does bother me are people like C. Jones who profess to be "Christian" and there actions and proven track records clearly show otherwise yet, they are able to to win elections because people are mesmerized when she shows up at their door begging for votes using God as her crutch. Bible thumpers just annoy the hell out of me!

I don't understand why you feel the need to drag R. Skipper into this though. Again, I don't care what her religious affiliation is. Ms. Skipper has proven over and over again that she is more than capable of doing the job she has been elected to do and as far as I know her actions (in regard to her job performance) have always been above reproach. In fact, she has even saved the taxpayers money which is always a plus and there have never been any scandals attached to the office she holds unlike those of C. Jones and C. Anderson. R. Skipper's husband ins't a politician either so who his friends are don't concern me. I tend to think that when you truly walk in faith your actions publicly and privately reflect that and in Ms. Skipper's case, I find that to be true. There are many others though who currently hold public office that I wouldn't say that about. There are more hypocrites sitting in the pews on Sunday in Defuniak than there are actual Christians.

Last edited:

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Being a Christian is a way of life and an individual choice. Being a member of a church and being a Christian are two totally different things. I cannot look inside someone's heart so I do not know what their relationship is with Jesus Christ and I put little stock in which particular church someone belongs to. I also realize that being a Christian does not mean you are perfect, the Bible teaches that all of us are sinners. But I do recognize than certain behaviors are not Christ like and that if someone acts like the devil, they are probably more connected to him than to Jesus. I try to base my voting on putting people in office who have a love for their community and a desire to improve the conditions of everyone. I do not expect candidates to agree with me on every issue nor do I base a vote on any one issue. I try to vote for good people instead of good fund raisers or good politicians.

wastinaway

Beach Comber
Jan 11, 2015
I'm not a huge fan of Destiny - their approach to Christianity is very business-like. You follow this 3-step program and BOOM you're a Christian too. Rinse, wash and repeat. They focus on recruiting, talk the talk, and usually put on a good show - but it was very hard for me to find a deeper meaning in most of the messages.

However, this situation really doesn't seem that unorthodox. I mean, they bought the building in 2014 and the first thing they did was put their offices on one end of the building and the church on the other. Who couldn't look at that and assume they would eventually want to connect the two?

She already owns all of the equipment she needs. I understand she'd have to move it to a new place, but according to the article they're not charging her 3-4 months rent, so hopefully that helps cover most of the moving costs, and maybe some advertising cost to let folks know where your new place is. Many commercial rentals will buildout for their new tenant and build the cost into the rent over a multi-year contract, so depending on where she ends up there might not be any up-front costs for that either.

While it's an incredible inconvenience to the business, it seems like the real conspiracy in this story comes from having just the right pieces to make it a heartbreaker. An injured veteran being bullied by a big church (that certainly isn't the most friendly organization).

Hiring a lawyer will just cost her money that it sounds like she doesn't have anyway, and what is the end result? Best case scenario, she ends up with a landlord that obviously doesn't want her there. And worst case, she loses and has to move out immediately. Oh, and the lawyer still takes his cut of whatever is left of her business. And the paper can do a follow-up to document the tragedy.