• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Friday, someone opened the oyster lake outflow...

It's no surprise that AFTER that happened, TDC code enforcement was "patrolling" the area. In at least 10 weeks, I've never seen TDC code enforcement in that area, Friday, Saturday or Sunday and I'm there each day! There's a beach CAM too!

Some Jack hole to turn, dug out the oyster lake outflow and the water turned from crystal clear to brackish, in about 3 hours.

When people arrived at that area, I hear tourists, those that paid $$$, to be here, say "it didn't look like that yesterday"

Epic failure and prime example of Proactive VS. Reactive.

Really, we can't see people with shovels digging for hours?

Give me a break.

Recall all TDC Code Enforcement and start over!

It's also my understanding that both "private" residences" adjacent to said outflow have video surveillance.

Perhaps the non-challenged Sheriff will investigate...

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It's state DEP jurisdiction , but John G. likes to blame everything on the sheriff's department.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
It's state DEP jurisdiction , but John G. likes to blame everything on the sheriff's department.

And just think...we've got 4 more years of his "blaming"! Joy Joy! :drink::drink::drink:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Unauthorized excavation of the beach is a DEP matter, but you can alert anybody you want. Don't forget to tell Huckabee. He will crack down on the bastids.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
So basically no one cares that the outflow was dug open, correct?

I guess that's part of Customary Use to dig it open each visit, turn the clear blue, green water to brown (brackish), and not worry about how others feel as they watch it turn in front of them.

As for the sheriff, I am very critical and will continue to be. I give credit where credit is due, but I'll call BS on BS all day.

It amazes me how one of the biggest challenges we have in our area revolves around enforcement (or lack there of), yet a significant amount of posters here will give a pass to anyone with authority to enforce....

As for DEP, I was unaware they handle the digging out of an outflow and not Code Enforcement or WCSO.

Perhaps we need a comprehensive list of who is supposed to enforce what and where since it's such a hot topic .

No one wants to take the lead and run with it. Why are all the signs and ropes still up?

We make rule after rule after rule and hope people don't figure it out. That we do not enforce anything.

I'm going to get some glass bottles, a dog with no leash (and no permit) and go to the public beach!

I may help dig an outflow too .

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Don't firget the circus tent, the gas generator to power the TV, the bonfire, charcoal grill, maybe a boom box....
Hell, while you're at it...bring your "assault" weapons. :lol:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
There are signs posted at most all the outflows stating the state statues that pertain to excavating. Government is messy, to say the least.